Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing database?  (Read 5059 times)

bajs

• Coppermine regular visitor
importing database?
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:21:36 pm »

I have an issue I wanted to ask about. Right now I have a gallery (version 1.4.3 I think) hosted on a server (call it server no 1). I wanted to move the gallery to a different server (sever no 2). On server no 2 I have uploaded coppermine version 1.4.10 ... I am now uploading the OLD album directory, from server 1, where I have all my pictures. But all other files, are directly from the zip folder I just unzipped, version 1.4.10.

Now I am not quite sure how to proceed. I dont want to start all over again .... Is there any way, if I get a database backup for version 1.4.3 which is located on server 1, to someway use that database for the new gallery, version 1.4.10 on sever2, so I wont have to batch add all the files (it is over 13 000 pictures, so it would require a lot of work)

Also I am not sure if I am to install the gallery, (server 2) or just "upgrade" it (server 2) ....

I hope this makes sense! If not please ask. I'd love some help, I feel completely lost!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:54:51 am by Sami »

Nibbler

Re: importing database?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »

Move the gallery and then update it. Both steps are described in the documentation.

bajs

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 09:42:19 pm »

OK. So I will just copy the files i have (version 1.4.3) and upload everything to the new server. Then I will import the database file.

After this, the gallery should be up and running (still version 1.4.3)

When it's working and up and running, I can upgrade it, by following the instructions given in the docs.

Is this the right way to do it? Or did i completely misunderstand you?  ??? I already uploaded version 1.4.10 to the new server, which I guess I shouldn't have done, so I'll just delete that one and do as stated above instead.

I'm just not sure how to import databases. I'll search the forum.

Thanks!

bajs

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 09:46:47 pm »

ohh and I also have a question, when moving the gallery, lets say I've moved all files to the new server, and I've imported the database, do I need to install the gallery again?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:18 pm »

No, don't use install.php at all.

bajs

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 11:54:42 pm »

ok , I see. I imported the databse, but now the database and database user has a different name. so am I supposed to change the config.php file??? I changed the config.inc.php.sample file and insert this info:

Code: [Select]
<?php
// Coppermine configuration file

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'localhost';        // Your databaseserver
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'newmysqlusername';        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'mypassword';                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'newmysqlname';        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg132_';
?>

and I uploaded tis file, but when I go to the URL, I get

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !
MySQL said: Access denied for user 'OLDmysqldatabasename'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

bajs

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:58:26 pm »

ok, it all fixed itself now. The file was uploaded into the wrong dir :P SOrry about that! All seems to be working just fine-fine :) Thank you for your help!  ;D

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 09:56:12 am »

BTW you should insert new server info in to config.inc.php instead of config.inc.php.sample
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 15 queries.