Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Commentator's default name  (Read 3348 times)

undeshila

• Coppermine newbie
Commentator's default name
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:04:18 am »

Hello, ive recently upgraded to 1.4.6 , when i was looking onto the new admin setup page, i modified that the default name for the not logged in commentators to be a translation of the word "user" as it was default, and now i see that in front of their nicks appeats the word "user" (well , in translation), and i would like to remove it in order just for their nicks (what they write) to appeat.

The problem is that although i remember that the setting was in the admin panel (admin.php) I CAN'T FIND it. I assume that im too tired (3:00AM here) and i cannot see it, but ive spent the last 10 mins looking for it and reviewing 3 times ALL the settings and no word of that .... can u pls let me know where the hack is that field ?

Tnx in advance
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:37:24 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Commentator's default name
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 09:51:47 am »

undeshila

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:03:43 pm »

Prefix for anonymous comments authors
If you allowed anonymous comments (permissions set on the groups control panel), this prefix will be used for comments left by unregistered users. This can be helpful in preventing and identifing unregistered users posing as other registered users (or even an admininstrators) when leaving comments. Leave this blank if you do not want a prefix for guest's comments.

yea , ive already read that , only that in Groups panel , i cand find that word i originally set for the prefix, so i cant delete it ... there are just the users and their rights ... no anon prefix .. here's a print of the groups ... http://www.undernet.ro/cos/print.jpg

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 02:13:28 pm »

It's not on the groups page, it's on the admin page.

undeshila

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 08:52:27 am »

only that ive said in the 1st post that i cant find it in the admin panel , i know ive set it up coz the prefix name is a word in romanian, only that i can't find it now to delete it so that no prefix be shown

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 02:27:13 pm »

It is on the admin panel. Randomly searching your gallery won't help. The name of the option is 'Prefix for anonymous comments authors' and it is in the section 'Comment settings'. Switch your language to english to help find it.

undeshila

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:20:15 am »

after switching to english i found it , than switched it back to romanian and no more :) but i deleted the prefix when in english settings :P

tnx 4 the support

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 10:37:14 am »

There's currently no romanian language file for cpg1.4.x, which means that you're using an outdated language file that was made for cpg1.3.x plus coppermine's language fallback option. This is fine for regular users, but you (as admin) mustn't use outdated language files, as it's impossible to administer coppermine properly. Review the translation thread for details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 15 queries.