The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.30 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.How to update
Users running versions prior to 1.5.32 should update immediately by downloading
the latest version from the download page
and following the upgrade steps in the documentation
If you have problems with this update, please use the Update support board
. Do not post your issues to this announcement thread - your post will be deleted without notice.Why was cpg1.5.32 released?
The release covers a recently discovered XSS vulnerability that allows (if unpatched) a malevolent visitor to include own script routines under certain conditions.
Additionally, cpg1.5.32 includes fixes for the following non-security related issues:
- Updated Czech language file (user contribution)
- Fixed displaying wrong image issue (thread)
- Fixed issue with user gallery pagination (thread)
- Added hidden feature to hide already existing files on batch-add interface (thread)
- Fixed pre-selection of files for Windows driven systems on batch-add interface (thread)
- Fixed several issues with file path names on batch-add (thread, thread)
- Added hidden feature to display only empty albums on batch-add (thread)
- Fixed comment form submit for Android browser
Thanks to chipviled
for discovering the vulnerability.
The Coppermine Team