Support > cpg1.6 language

Problems with the Spanish language

(1/2) > >>

KchoPrro:
Hello friends, in my current version of CPG 1.6x the dates of the thumbnails were not displayed correctly. Thanks to the help of @ron4mac, he led me to the solution since the problem came from the language files that needed to be updated. Indeed, I used the english.php language for my website and the dates were displayed correctly. Clearly the solution was to go from a spanish.php 1.5x to 1.6x, but there is no language for version 1.6x so I thought I could start from an english.php 1.6x and translate it with the help of the spanish.php 1.5x file

I have no programming notions, but it didn't seem complicated, I downloaded both languages ​​and, with notepad, I compared the two files english.php vs. spanish.php and copying and pasting from one to another each part of the code that was identical, and using Google Translator for those parts that were only in 1.6x.

After a day of work (it's a lot of translation and revision), I finished creating the new spanish.php 1.6x but when I upload it to my CPG the gallery doesn't show up (nothing comes out). I'm sure I must have left something wrong (constantly copying and pasting could lead to code failures). Would someone be able to tell me what is wrong in the file, because the translation is finished and it could be added as a new language for CPG but... only if it can work.

I attach the file.

ron4mac:
Line 643 in the file: needs single quote after Vistas descendentes

There is a tool included with CPG 1.6 to help update CPG 1.5.x language files to be more compatible with CPG 1.6.x
https://www.adolfoventas.es/galeria/lang_check.php

KchoPrro:

--- Quote from: ron4mac on August 21, 2022, 12:13:15 am ---Line 643 in the file: needs single quote after Vistas descendentes

There is a tool included with CPG 1.6 to help update CPG 1.5.x language files to be more compatible with CPG 1.6.x
https://www.adolfoventas.es/galeria/lang_check.php

--- End quote ---

Oooohhh!!  ;D ;D What a great help! Thank you very much ron4mac!!. Sure enough, that was an unclosed line and it was enough not to show anything from the gallery. I have already solved it :)

In addition, with the tool that you have shown me (I did not know it), I have been able to finish with the Spanish translation for this version 1.6. The tool still tells me that there is an untranslated word;

--- Code: ---Language file: english.php
Missing translations.

Group: lang_bad_words
["42"] => "wop*"
--- End code ---

For me it is not important, besides, I am not able to deduce which words would affect to be translated and nothing happens if we leave that word, taking into account that the most common ones are already indicated and translated.

If you think it convenient, I'll upload the translated and corrected file again. I have left this part untouched (if you want you can edit it yourself).;

--- Code: ---<?php
/**
 * Coppermine Photo Gallery
 * v1.0 originally written by Gregory Demar
 * @copyright Copyright (c) 2003-2022 Coppermine Dev Team
 * @license GNU General Public License version 3 or later; see LICENSE
 * lang/spanish.php
 * @since 1.6.18
 */

if (!defined('IN_COPPERMINE')) die('Not in Coppermine...');

// info about translators and translated language
$lang_translation_info['lang_name_english'] = 'English (US)';
$lang_translation_info['lang_name_native'] = 'English (US)';
$lang_translation_info['lang_country_code'] = 'us';
$lang_translation_info['trans_name'] = 'Coppermine dev team';
$lang_translation_info['trans_email'] = '';
$lang_translation_info['trans_website'] = 'http://coppermine-gallery.net/';
$lang_translation_info['trans_date'] = '2022-08-19';

$lang_charset = 'utf-8';
$lang_text_dir = 'ltr'; // ('ltr' for left to right, 'rtl' for right to left)

// shortcuts for Bytes, Kibibytes, Mebibytes, Gibibytes
$lang_byte_units = array('Bytes', 'KiB', 'MiB', 'GiB');
$lang_decimal_separator = array(',', '.'); // symbol used to separate thousands from hundreds and rounded number from decimal place
--- End code ---

Really, the credit goes to the people who did the translation for CPG1.4 & 1.5 (jmatute).

Thank you very much! :)

KchoPrro:
Sorry, I can't edit the previous message.
This file is better, I had forgotten to translate;

Sun = Domingo

ron4mac:
Thank you. I will add the Spanish language file to the next CPG release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version