Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: security violation?  (Read 2307 times)

justsandy

• Coppermine newbie
security violation?
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:18:04 pm »

i need a little help...

first, i am new to coppermine so apologize if this is something obvious.  however, i am kind of flying blind because this is a copy that was installed for me by a hosting provider...

i have created a few albums...  if i try to upload anything, i always get the same vanilla error message ("security violation...IP logged" or something very similar).  this seems to happen on the db_input.php page (thats what URL is displayed).  i could not find this message in coppermine php files (i really tried to figure this out myself!).  is this something i need to configure (i'm uploading as admin user, so hopefully not a permissions issue?), or something i should ask my provider?

even though i have not uploaded yet, i must say i really like the look and feel of coppermine.  thanks everyone for your hard work!  :)

thank you!
sandy

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: security violation?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 11:38:18 pm »

That error does not sound familiar.  Could you provide a screenshot or a link?
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

justsandy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 12:15:09 am »

That error does not sound familiar.  Could you provide a screenshot or a link?

sure...  exact message is,

"Security rules violation. Your IP is logged. Please click here."

i thought this mean some sort of permissions issue, but don't see what i am doing wrong.  my only thought was it may be something configured improperly or by design that i do not understand, because it was configured by 3rd-party (including database)...  the error occurs when trying to upload as admin or registered user, in any album (i created a few and gave registered users access).  i could not find the message in php, so figured i should ask my host...  but wanted to make sure first.

thanks again,
sandy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 12:08:01 pm »

This error message is definitely not from the coppermine package we provide, so I guess it has been added by those who installed it for you. Please post a link to your page as suggested by Hyperion.

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 12:27:21 pm »

Sounds like handiwork of some smart alecky Sys Admin - who has disabled file uploads and added messages - can you upload file via PHP using any other application? I suspect the answer would be no...

Ask you host.
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.