Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: security violation?  (Read 2330 times)

justsandy

• Coppermine newbie
security violation?
« on: April 23, 2004, 11:18:04 pm »

i need a little help...

first, i am new to coppermine so apologize if this is something obvious.  however, i am kind of flying blind because this is a copy that was installed for me by a hosting provider...

i have created a few albums...  if i try to upload anything, i always get the same vanilla error message ("security violation...IP logged" or something very similar).  this seems to happen on the db_input.php page (thats what URL is displayed).  i could not find this message in coppermine php files (i really tried to figure this out myself!).  is this something i need to configure (i'm uploading as admin user, so hopefully not a permissions issue?), or something i should ask my provider?

even though i have not uploaded yet, i must say i really like the look and feel of coppermine.  thanks everyone for your hard work!  :)

thank you!
sandy

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Re: security violation?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 11:38:18 pm »

That error does not sound familiar.  Could you provide a screenshot or a link?
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

justsandy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 12:15:09 am »

That error does not sound familiar.  Could you provide a screenshot or a link?

sure...  exact message is,

"Security rules violation. Your IP is logged. Please click here."

i thought this mean some sort of permissions issue, but don't see what i am doing wrong.  my only thought was it may be something configured improperly or by design that i do not understand, because it was configured by 3rd-party (including database)...  the error occurs when trying to upload as admin or registered user, in any album (i created a few and gave registered users access).  i could not find the message in php, so figured i should ask my host...  but wanted to make sure first.

thanks again,
sandy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 12:08:01 pm »

This error message is definitely not from the coppermine package we provide, so I guess it has been added by those who installed it for you. Please post a link to your page as suggested by Hyperion.

GauGau

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 12:27:21 pm »

Sounds like handiwork of some smart alecky Sys Admin - who has disabled file uploads and added messages - can you upload file via PHP using any other application? I suspect the answer would be no...

Ask you host.
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.