Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow to add a links to menus  (Read 3383 times)

DoW Kid Rock

• Coppermine newbie
Allow to add a links to menus
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:10:07 pm »

I have other parts of my website that I would like to be able to have links to.  I know that there are bridges for forums, but what about static pages?  couldn't find anything in the hacks section

Nibbler

Re: Allow to add a links to menus
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:34:22 pm »

Use the custom link feature. If you need more than one you need to modify your theme. Don't use the feature requests board for support requests.

DoW Kid Rock

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:49:40 pm »

I realize that you have a lot of noobs come on to ask support questions in the wrong area, but if you just look at how I asked you would realize I did not know there was a custom link feature.  While I do apologize for not putting it in the right place....maybe not jumping to the conclusion that I knew there was a custom link section might be in order.
I truly understand about being asked what seem to be stupid questions.

Being rude is not going to help

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 10:27:37 pm »

Why do you think he was beig rude? Nibbler was simply explaining the rules which you had obviously not seen in the "feature requests" forum.

Please appreciate that the Devs respond to hundreds of support requests per day so if responses are brief and to the point that is simply because their fingers are worn to the nub, not because they are trying to be rude.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

DoW Kid Rock

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 10:44:21 pm »

ok I realize now that I was a little harsh.  was meaning that telling me it was tech support when it really wasn't may not have been the right action.  In my experience with support if indeed it turns out as the resolution is tech support related then by all means put it in the tech support area for future people to read.  telling me that I should have put it in tech support to begin with was not entirely correct as i did not know it was a feature of this software.

was not meaning to be disrespectful, rather pointing out that I did not indeed put it in the wrong place to begin with....rather that it turned out to be a tech question afterall.  don't want to discourage people from asking for help is all

I do apologize for bein as harsh as I sounded

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 07:19:03 am »

So what? Did the explanation Nibbler posted help you? Did you manage to find out what you need to do? Instead of ranting about support that is given freely and continuing your confrontational postings, you could just have posted: "I made a mistake - sorry" and then you should have returned to your actual question. When you signed up, you agreed to respect board rules. Among other things, they instruct not to hijack threads (what you did in another thread), to read the sticky threads first (what you did not on the feature requests board) and of course to read the docs before posting. If you would have read the docs before posting (or at least if you would have skimmed the docs), you would have figured out. Just whining and posting "I'm a newbie, spoon-feed my" makes you a help vampire and nothing else.

Back on topic now!

DoW Kid Rock

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:51:18 am »

sorry really bad day happened...did not read the request sticky properly.

Yes I am sure as soon as I have my gallery up and running properly (other problems) it will help tremendously

am not a noob generally....just having a noob day  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.