Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URL upload error  (Read 2277 times)

pielord

• Coppermine newbie
URL upload error
« on: May 09, 2008, 05:54:20 am »

I've read as many topics as I could find about url upload problems. I did not see anything about my problem. FTP uploads work fine, but when i try to upload by url I get this error - "HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily". I've got the permissions set to 777 like they should be, I've fixed the php.ini fine, but nothing worked. Anybody have an idea of what's wrong?

http://www.pwnforce.com/cpg/index.php

username: test
password: test

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: URL upload error
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:03:37 am »

Do exactly as suggested in the docs, sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues". The number of file upload fields is set to 5 (it should be set to 1), the number of URI upload fields is set to 3 (it should be set to 0). On some server setups, there are restrictions on URI uploads that you can't circumvent (only your webhost can). Forget about URI uploads, they are a silly feature in the first place that never should have been introduced anyway.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:24:06 am »

Upload using the final url, not the one that redirects.

pielord

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:59:39 pm »

It seems to me that giving or not giving your gallery members the option to upload by url is a matter of opinion. Personally I think it's a good option, because it means that my members don't have to download a picture just to re-upload it to my gallery. I'm sure now that this isn't an error related to Coppermine. So I'll just get support through my webhost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.