Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rss feed for announcements  (Read 3070 times)

benanna

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Ben and Leanna Webspace
rss feed for announcements
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:46:38 am »

I don't know if this is the right forum for this post or not, but I'm wondering if there is an RSS feed for official Coppermine announcements/news?  I don't visit the Coppermine page very often, but I want to be notified when there is a new version so I can update for security purposes.  (I recently had a website compromised, and I think it might have been through an old Coppermine installation.)  Alternatively, is there a way to "subscribe" to new topics in the Announcements forum?

Thanks for your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: rss feed for announcements
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 09:01:15 am »

Sorry, there is no RSS feed (yet). However, you can subscribe to the announcements board by going to that board (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=58.0) and clicking on the "notify" tab at the top right.
Another thing you could do is subscribing on the SF.net project pages to be emailed for new releases. You'll have to subscribe to sf.net (for free) there - after that, click on the "monitor" icon (the envelope) next to the package "coppermine" on the project downloads page.
We're aware of the need to alert users of security updates, that's why the next coppermine version (cpg1.5.x) will feature a built-in feed that will display security-related information from coppermine-gallery.net in the admin panel of your gallery (can of course be toggled off if you don't want that) - see screenshot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.