Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging between SMF 1.1.3 and cpg1.4 - login issue  (Read 5574 times)

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging between SMF 1.1.3 and cpg1.4 - login issue
« on: September 19, 2007, 03:53:32 pm »

I have only just set coppermine up, but I have just joined it to an existing SMF forum, by using the bridge tool.  I have changed no code.

I am not sure exactly what is happening, but if I have closed my browser, but remain logged on to the forum, then when I go to coppermine I am not logged in.  Selecting login takes me to the SMF login page (where I am shown as logged in given the page header, but of course the login page is there to login).  If I try and log in I get into the forum.  When I then go to coppermine I am still not logged in.

What I actually have to to do at this point is logout from the forum, then log in again and then when I go to coppermine.  At that point I am logged in.

Seems like there is a bug here somewhere.

Second - more minor (textual) issue - the text about selecting whether to use the membergroups based on the number of posts, or some basic facilities is confusing.  What I was trying to achieve is to only have groups which are the basic forum groups, but not the ones based on the number of posts.  So I selected no at this point and got very basic facilities.  You can't achieve what I want with the bridge tool.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:50:23 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Bridging between SMF 1.1.3 and cpg1.4 - login issue
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:56:49 pm »

Please follow the one issue per thread rule. For bridging support do as suggested in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24032.0. You should set post based groups to yes, which I agree is confusing.

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 04:00:56 pm »

I have only just set coppermine up, but I have just joined it to an existing SMF forum, by using the bridge tool.  I have changed no code.

I am not sure exactly what is happening, but if I have closed my browser, but remain logged on to the forum, then when I go to coppermine I am not logged in.  Selecting login takes me to the SMF login page (where I am shown as logged in given the page header, but of course the login page is there to login).  If I try and log in I get into the forum.  When I then go to coppermine I am still not logged in.

What I actually have to to do at this point is logout from the forum, then log in again and then when I go to coppermine.  At that point I am logged in.

Seems like there is a bug here somewhere.

Second - more minor (textual) issue - the text about selecting whether to use the membergroups based on the number of posts, or some basic facilities is confusing.  What I was trying to achieve is to only have groups which are the basic forum groups, but not the ones based on the number of posts.  So I selected no at this point and got very basic facilities.  You can't achieve what I want with the bridge tool.

Opps - can't modify own post and I missed out

Coppermine install: http://melindasbackups.com/gallery/
Forum install: http://melindasbackups.com/forum/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.12
Forum version: SMF 1.1.3
Test user account: alan-test / tester
BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  ttp://melindasbackups.com/forum/
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/
Use post-based groups?:  1

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 04:03:52 pm »

Disable local storage of cookies in SMF. Coppermine can't read them if they are local.

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:41 pm »

Thanks

Fixed it

CoperHead

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:44:57 am »

Hey... I'm having the same issue:

Cookies are set to not be local,
Cookie name is SMF614,
Forum is stored in top directory, gallery at /gallery.

Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 08:27:59 am »

Any ideas?
Yes: don't try to hijack someone else's thread. Particularly not if that thread is marked as "solved". There is a sticky thread on this board named "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" that exists for very valid reasons. In fact, it says the same thing as the section "Bridging support" of the docs that come with coppermine.
Locking this thread. Start a thread of your own, doing exactly as suggested in the sticky thread and the corresponding section of the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.