Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging between SMF 1.1.3 and cpg1.4 - login issue  (Read 5622 times)

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging between SMF 1.1.3 and cpg1.4 - login issue
« on: September 19, 2007, 03:53:32 pm »

I have only just set coppermine up, but I have just joined it to an existing SMF forum, by using the bridge tool.  I have changed no code.

I am not sure exactly what is happening, but if I have closed my browser, but remain logged on to the forum, then when I go to coppermine I am not logged in.  Selecting login takes me to the SMF login page (where I am shown as logged in given the page header, but of course the login page is there to login).  If I try and log in I get into the forum.  When I then go to coppermine I am still not logged in.

What I actually have to to do at this point is logout from the forum, then log in again and then when I go to coppermine.  At that point I am logged in.

Seems like there is a bug here somewhere.

Second - more minor (textual) issue - the text about selecting whether to use the membergroups based on the number of posts, or some basic facilities is confusing.  What I was trying to achieve is to only have groups which are the basic forum groups, but not the ones based on the number of posts.  So I selected no at this point and got very basic facilities.  You can't achieve what I want with the bridge tool.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:50:23 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Bridging between SMF 1.1.3 and cpg1.4 - login issue
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:56:49 pm »

Please follow the one issue per thread rule. For bridging support do as suggested in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24032.0. You should set post based groups to yes, which I agree is confusing.

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 04:00:56 pm »

I have only just set coppermine up, but I have just joined it to an existing SMF forum, by using the bridge tool.  I have changed no code.

I am not sure exactly what is happening, but if I have closed my browser, but remain logged on to the forum, then when I go to coppermine I am not logged in.  Selecting login takes me to the SMF login page (where I am shown as logged in given the page header, but of course the login page is there to login).  If I try and log in I get into the forum.  When I then go to coppermine I am still not logged in.

What I actually have to to do at this point is logout from the forum, then log in again and then when I go to coppermine.  At that point I am logged in.

Seems like there is a bug here somewhere.

Second - more minor (textual) issue - the text about selecting whether to use the membergroups based on the number of posts, or some basic facilities is confusing.  What I was trying to achieve is to only have groups which are the basic forum groups, but not the ones based on the number of posts.  So I selected no at this point and got very basic facilities.  You can't achieve what I want with the bridge tool.

Opps - can't modify own post and I missed out

Coppermine install: http://melindasbackups.com/gallery/
Forum install: http://melindasbackups.com/forum/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.12
Forum version: SMF 1.1.3
Test user account: alan-test / tester
BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  ttp://melindasbackups.com/forum/
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/
Use post-based groups?:  1

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 04:03:52 pm »

Disable local storage of cookies in SMF. Coppermine can't read them if they are local.

akc42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:41 pm »

Thanks

Fixed it

CoperHead

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:44:57 am »

Hey... I'm having the same issue:

Cookies are set to not be local,
Cookie name is SMF614,
Forum is stored in top directory, gallery at /gallery.

Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 08:27:59 am »

Any ideas?
Yes: don't try to hijack someone else's thread. Particularly not if that thread is marked as "solved". There is a sticky thread on this board named "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!" that exists for very valid reasons. In fact, it says the same thing as the section "Bridging support" of the docs that come with coppermine.
Locking this thread. Start a thread of your own, doing exactly as suggested in the sticky thread and the corresponding section of the docs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.