Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it a bad idea to install CPM Fetch when you are using Tiny Portal?  (Read 18032 times)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code
Re: Is it a bad idea to install CPM Fetch when you are using Tiny Portal?
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 05:17:08 am »

I can't log in at all, not as user, nor as admin.

So I tried removing the old cpmfetch file using my ftp program, uploaded a new one and installed it successfully. I still get the same defective login page.

Sometimes it takes things a while to work through the server. I am afraid I will have to remove CPMFetch, and TP, which seems pretty daunting to uninstall; then reinstall TP in order to log in.

More than willing to give you the information you requested if only one could log in. Do you think there is anything else I can do? If I shoot myself the whole problem will go away but I dont want to do anything to disappoint the people who will be using our new site. (Just kidding)   :'(

Klew

If it was me, I would determine where TinyPortal was stuffing the PHP code I inserted, and delete it.  Probably gets put into your database.

Or at least change it to something inert.

I tried to download TP to see if I could give you a better answer, but I need to register to download it, which I find particularly annoying and won't do on principle.  So there TP!  Hah!

Anyway, do you get something like phpMyAdmin with your account?  That typically makes it much easier to thumb through things and find it.  You can PM me access info if you want, I can poke at it in the morning at work.   You can also attach the TP download to a post here and I can skim the code and see where it puts stuff.

If you look at your database, the tiny portal tables should be somewhat obvious... once you find them, locate the record with the include above and  remove the contents (not the record).

If you have a right hand column, that may be the place to do the testing in, it gets rendered later so...

Anyway...

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 11:58:55 am »

Hi again,

Yes, you were right. It was a bad path. I had apparently tried adding the name of my site before the cpg1410, I am still at a loss as to how to get this to work though. You would not believe all the people on the TP site about this, a zillion solutions including m=some non-cpmfetch ones; not too many of which I understand. I dont understand why it just will not work the way you say it is supposed to work.

If you wish to try to see what is going on I pm'd you, you can, at least, login now.
Kind regards
K

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 03:41:46 am »

Hi again,

Yes, you were right. It was a bad path. I had apparently tried adding the name of my site before the cpg1410, I am still at a loss as to how to get this to work though. You would not believe all the people on the TP site about this, a zillion solutions including m=some non-cpmfetch ones; not too many of which I understand. I dont understand why it just will not work the way you say it is supposed to work.

If you wish to try to see what is going on I pm'd you, you can, at least, login now.
Kind regards
K

TinyPortal overall, is the easiest one I think to get working...

Just not terribly forgiving on syntax errors

Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2007, 02:47:37 pm »

Hi Vuud!

GAAAAA!!!! Holy %^#$!!!!!!!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I can't believe I made such a stupid basic error. And I can't believe how much it messed things up. It's not like we wanted something really fancy or anything. I guess I was getting a little desparate and sloppy as a consequence.

We all owe you a BIG hug and a thank you for taking a look at this. The site looks GREAT now. It is amazing what a little color and a few small images will do in the way of brightening up a page.

This is SOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx!! again!! fo :) :) :) :) :)r your time patience and sharing your talent with us mortals.

Klewless 8)

Sugandya

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 04:12:59 am »

Aww...
We're having this exact same problem at our site, too.  Is it a problem to ask for the solution to what you did so I can apply it to my cpmfetch with TinyPortal? I'd be most grateful. :)

eeL

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 02:43:37 pm »

This did it for me with ver. 2
Hope this helps!

echo "<CENTER>";
echo 'Recent Member Photos';
include "../gallery/cpmfetch/cpmfetch.php";
$objCpm = new cpm("../gallery/cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");
$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia(2,4);
echo 'View Gallery';
echo "</center>";
$objCpm->cpm_close();

eeL

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 02:46:42 pm »

I centered it and added some text
echo "<CENTER>";
echo 'Recent Member Photos';
include "../gallery/cpmfetch/cpmfetch.php";
$objCpm = new cpm("../gallery/cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");
$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia(2,4);
$objCpm->cpm_close();
echo 'View Gallery';
echo "</center>";

Sugandya

• Coppermine newbie

Thank you so much for the reply, but I'm still getting an odd error from Load.php:
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cpm in /home/gzbuxont/public_html/lilytribe/Sources/Load.php(1748) : eval()'d code(35) : eval()'d code on line 4[/quote]I'm making a php box to do his, too.

Line 4 is
Code: [Select]
"$objCpm = new cpm("../gallery/cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");" Hmm... I'll see if I did something wrong in the config file.

Sugandya

• Coppermine newbie

Oh, it works now! Thank you!
I had the path wrong.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

@vuud: isn't it time to lock this thread?

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code

@vuud: isn't it time to lock this thread?

Sounds like a good idea

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.