Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Query0 failed problem  (Read 6172 times)

ArnMan

• Coppermine newbie
Query0 failed problem
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »

I use godaddy for my site and then have postnuke 0.762 and coppermine 1.4.8. This is the second time I have had to do this.
Before the problem I had a stand alone coppermine and running postnuke. Everything worked fine. I downloaded pncpg34 and followed the instructions(although a tad bit vague in the admin settings doc) for installing and setting up.

I was able to activate and link postnuke to coppermine. and it works just fine except for one problem I noticed. if you go to cpg from post nuke your link is http://www.yoursite.com/postnuke/html/index.php?name=pnCPG. After setting up cpg I set the Home Link back to the main site http://www.yoursite.com/postnuke/html/index.php and am able to click back to the main page.
And somehow it isn't wrapped in postnuke. anywho, I noticed that the http://www.yoursite.com/postnuke/html/index.php?name=pnCPG

is still in the address bar. noticed on seperate computers, so if I refresh in the homepage of postnuke it loads up cpg

anyway back to the main problem

I tried to add a random block to PN for cpg, the whole site doesn't work and I get the query0 user problem. Somehow when Godaddy installs postnuke, no database is made. Although the site runs just fine. So I can't use phpmyadmin to fix it. And I would like to use blocks for cpg34 because it would enhance my site.
Is there anyway to fix this?

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Query0 failed problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »

Yes there is a solution to this.
Open up phpmyadmin and select the Postnuke database.
Select table nuke_blocks (you mave a different prefix) and delete the last record here (just to be sure, do verify it is the pnCPG block.
Now your site is back to normal.

What went wrong ?
1. You did not configure the block correctly

When adding a block, i always suggest to first position this on the right side. In that case if something fails, you still can access the admin section in order to configure/remove the block.

Cas

ArnMan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:51:27 pm »

well when I am in godaddy, they have a link for me to click and the software automatically installs postnuke. It doesn't create a database.
when I am in the control panel for my postnuke, they have a version phpmyadmin there for me to administer a database, but that only shows up if I create one myself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 09:28:30 am »

Known drawback of using godaddy, with their "value added" program that doesn't let you edit database stuff of the apps they have auto-installers for. We disapprove auto-installers of any kind.
Complain at godaddy. Don't use auto-installers in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.