Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Query0 failed problem  (Read 6427 times)

ArnMan

• Coppermine newbie
Query0 failed problem
« on: November 07, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »

I use godaddy for my site and then have postnuke 0.762 and coppermine 1.4.8. This is the second time I have had to do this.
Before the problem I had a stand alone coppermine and running postnuke. Everything worked fine. I downloaded pncpg34 and followed the instructions(although a tad bit vague in the admin settings doc) for installing and setting up.

I was able to activate and link postnuke to coppermine. and it works just fine except for one problem I noticed. if you go to cpg from post nuke your link is http://www.yoursite.com/postnuke/html/index.php?name=pnCPG. After setting up cpg I set the Home Link back to the main site http://www.yoursite.com/postnuke/html/index.php and am able to click back to the main page.
And somehow it isn't wrapped in postnuke. anywho, I noticed that the http://www.yoursite.com/postnuke/html/index.php?name=pnCPG

is still in the address bar. noticed on seperate computers, so if I refresh in the homepage of postnuke it loads up cpg

anyway back to the main problem

I tried to add a random block to PN for cpg, the whole site doesn't work and I get the query0 user problem. Somehow when Godaddy installs postnuke, no database is made. Although the site runs just fine. So I can't use phpmyadmin to fix it. And I would like to use blocks for cpg34 because it would enhance my site.
Is there anyway to fix this?

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Query0 failed problem
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:26 pm »

Yes there is a solution to this.
Open up phpmyadmin and select the Postnuke database.
Select table nuke_blocks (you mave a different prefix) and delete the last record here (just to be sure, do verify it is the pnCPG block.
Now your site is back to normal.

What went wrong ?
1. You did not configure the block correctly

When adding a block, i always suggest to first position this on the right side. In that case if something fails, you still can access the admin section in order to configure/remove the block.

Cas

ArnMan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:51:27 pm »

well when I am in godaddy, they have a link for me to click and the software automatically installs postnuke. It doesn't create a database.
when I am in the control panel for my postnuke, they have a version phpmyadmin there for me to administer a database, but that only shows up if I create one myself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 09:28:30 am »

Known drawback of using godaddy, with their "value added" program that doesn't let you edit database stuff of the apps they have auto-installers for. We disapprove auto-installers of any kind.
Complain at godaddy. Don't use auto-installers in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.