Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I have 2 separate galleries on 1 domain?  (Read 3152 times)

St. Anger

• Coppermine frequent poster
Can I have 2 separate galleries on 1 domain?
« on: February 06, 2006, 04:50:22 pm »

Is it possible to have two separate Coppermine 1.4.x installations on one domain, both bridged with my Invision Power Board 2.1.4 forum? Obviously, the cookie prefixes would need to be different, but can both galleries be bridged without any problem? ???

See, I have over 6,000 photos in one gallery, and in my new one I'll have over 10,000. For the level of organization that I would need, it would make uploading to the correct album confusing, plus the photos that will be in each gallery are not really on the same subject, so I decided that having two separate galleries would be best. If they're both bridged through my forum a user will only have to register once anyway.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Can I have 2 separate galleries on 1 domain?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 05:02:05 pm »

Yes i think. Keep both the installations in separate folders, keep their cookie and table prefixes different. One important thing is that forum and both galleries should be in same database.

afaik you are the first person to try this out...so please let us know the results.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

St. Anger

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 05:16:23 pm »

Do they have to use the same database? I'm not positive, but I think my current gallery and forum are using separate databases, they're bridged though. I'm not sure how all that works...

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 05:23:41 pm »

Separate databases are fine if you are running 1.4.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.