Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error :  (Read 16712 times)

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal error :
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 08:23:38 pm »

Both GauGau and Nibbler stopped replying to my messages and left me to find out what was wrong which took me over 2 days, so I'm sorry if they are going to do that what else can i do?

On this server coppermine normally says something like Fatal error: then the error code
But for some reason in version 1.4.2 it doesnt do this when the language is wrong.
I was using the "English" language, but when transferred using that language you just get "Fatal error:" nothing else, so you have to change to Unicode (utf-8) for some reason.

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 08:47:09 pm »

Well it's getting worse...or at least different...

I took off the bridging thinking that rebridging may solve the problem...oops...nope.
When I log in as the stand alone admin, I get the welcome message but no admin functions. I checked in phpmyadmin and the account is set up in group 1 (which I read is the admin group).

What now...it does let in guest users now but I can not administrer the gallery or re-bridge it to my phpbbs.

Gary

Nibbler

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 09:51:27 pm »

Please refer to the bridging forum, your issue has been discussed and solved already.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 10:17:30 pm »

Try changing "Character encoding" to "Unicode (utf-8)" not the language (my mistake, i was doing two things at once)

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 04:13:16 am »

Progress has been made...almost there...

1. Bridge is now working to my phpbbs
2. Logged in users work fine
3. If not logged in you get a fatal error white page. If you go into my PHPbbs and log in and then click on the link to the gallery it works fine.

I have read ALL of the fatal error message post in this category and nothing seems to fix my problem. I do have the latest versions of the two files mentioned in an earlier post. I did clear out my cache and cookies and restarted IE. Also the character endcoding is set to Unicode (utf-8) and I am using the classic theme.

Any more ideas of what I can do to make it work for non logged in users?

http://www.themeparks.com/library

Thank you!
Gary

P.S. I turned on debugging mode for everyone and it generated this error message when I got the fatal error

Code: [Select]
While executing query "SELECT u.user_id, u.user_password FROM `parkho2_xmb1`.phpbb_sessions_keys AS s
INNER JOIN `parkho2_xmb1`.phpbb_users AS u ON s.user_id = u.user_id WHERE u.user_id = '0' AND u.user_active = 1 AND s.key_id = MD5('')" on

mySQL error:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 04:45:56 am by bungargp »

Nibbler

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 05:01:43 am »

Edit phpbb2018.inc.php

under

$cookiepass = (isset($sessiondata['autologinid'])) ? addslashes($sessiondata['autologinid']) : '';
add this line:

if (!$cookiepass) return false;

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 05:09:41 am »

That appears to be it!!! It works!!

Now...maybe I shouldn't ask this...but where did I go wrong in the updating process...and how the heck did you figure out the fix?

Thank you VERY much!
Gary

eddie00001

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 01:08:23 am »

I seem to have the same problem since upgrading to Coopermine version 1.4.2 using Fantastico.  My site is at http://www.edwardbentley.me.uk/photos/ and all I get is 'Fatal Error'

Any help would be great - thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 01:31:04 am »

I seem to have the same problem since upgrading to Coopermine version 1.4.2 using Fantastico.  My site is at http://www.edwardbentley.me.uk/photos/ and all I get is 'Fatal Error'

Any help would be great - thanks
I ran update.php and your gallery is back up. For future reference, we recommend you download the package from our site and read the docs on how to update.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.