Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error :  (Read 16769 times)

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Fatal error :
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 08:23:38 pm »

Both GauGau and Nibbler stopped replying to my messages and left me to find out what was wrong which took me over 2 days, so I'm sorry if they are going to do that what else can i do?

On this server coppermine normally says something like Fatal error: then the error code
But for some reason in version 1.4.2 it doesnt do this when the language is wrong.
I was using the "English" language, but when transferred using that language you just get "Fatal error:" nothing else, so you have to change to Unicode (utf-8) for some reason.

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2005, 08:47:09 pm »

Well it's getting worse...or at least different...

I took off the bridging thinking that rebridging may solve the problem...oops...nope.
When I log in as the stand alone admin, I get the welcome message but no admin functions. I checked in phpmyadmin and the account is set up in group 1 (which I read is the admin group).

What now...it does let in guest users now but I can not administrer the gallery or re-bridge it to my phpbbs.

Gary

Nibbler

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2005, 09:51:27 pm »

Please refer to the bridging forum, your issue has been discussed and solved already.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2005, 10:17:30 pm »

Try changing "Character encoding" to "Unicode (utf-8)" not the language (my mistake, i was doing two things at once)

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 04:13:16 am »

Progress has been made...almost there...

1. Bridge is now working to my phpbbs
2. Logged in users work fine
3. If not logged in you get a fatal error white page. If you go into my PHPbbs and log in and then click on the link to the gallery it works fine.

I have read ALL of the fatal error message post in this category and nothing seems to fix my problem. I do have the latest versions of the two files mentioned in an earlier post. I did clear out my cache and cookies and restarted IE. Also the character endcoding is set to Unicode (utf-8) and I am using the classic theme.

Any more ideas of what I can do to make it work for non logged in users?

http://www.themeparks.com/library

Thank you!
Gary

P.S. I turned on debugging mode for everyone and it generated this error message when I got the fatal error

Code: [Select]
While executing query "SELECT u.user_id, u.user_password FROM `parkho2_xmb1`.phpbb_sessions_keys AS s
INNER JOIN `parkho2_xmb1`.phpbb_users AS u ON s.user_id = u.user_id WHERE u.user_id = '0' AND u.user_active = 1 AND s.key_id = MD5('')" on

mySQL error:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 04:45:56 am by bungargp »

Nibbler

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 05:01:43 am »

Edit phpbb2018.inc.php

under

$cookiepass = (isset($sessiondata['autologinid'])) ? addslashes($sessiondata['autologinid']) : '';
add this line:

if (!$cookiepass) return false;

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 05:09:41 am »

That appears to be it!!! It works!!

Now...maybe I shouldn't ask this...but where did I go wrong in the updating process...and how the heck did you figure out the fix?

Thank you VERY much!
Gary

eddie00001

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2006, 01:08:23 am »

I seem to have the same problem since upgrading to Coopermine version 1.4.2 using Fantastico.  My site is at http://www.edwardbentley.me.uk/photos/ and all I get is 'Fatal Error'

Any help would be great - thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2006, 01:31:04 am »

I seem to have the same problem since upgrading to Coopermine version 1.4.2 using Fantastico.  My site is at http://www.edwardbentley.me.uk/photos/ and all I get is 'Fatal Error'

Any help would be great - thanks
I ran update.php and your gallery is back up. For future reference, we recommend you download the package from our site and read the docs on how to update.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.