Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am locked out after an upgrade and set Defaults...  (Read 6008 times)

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
I am locked out after an upgrade and set Defaults...
« on: December 13, 2005, 09:44:00 am »

Hi

I would like to make it clear, I know I was a moron to do the upgrade through Fantastico, but here I go anyways,...

So, I have a webhosting, and I have a CPanel with access to fantastico. Fantastico noted me, that I URGENTLY had to upgrade to the Gallery's newest version, so I hit upgrade. It came back with some kind of a duplication error. After that, when I went to the gallery, it asked for password. I logged in, and it all seemed good, but public access was prohibited. I went to the settings, and I enabled public access to gallery, but as soon as I saved it, it went back to Prohibiting access mode. I was puzzled, so I hit the Set Defaults button. Now public access is back, but I cannot log in. I guess it deleted my admin username. I am sure it would let me in with teh original Administrator pass, but I forgot that. I set up an account for myself with admin rights, and that user is locked out now. How can I reset the admin password?

Thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:54:04 pm by TranzNDance »

thoughtout

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I am locked out after an upgrade and set Defaults...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:02:02 pm »

Ben,

I have the same issue!   Can anyone help us out?

Mike

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 10:09:46 pm »

Please search the forum, this has been explained enough times already.

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 02:15:38 pm »

Hi

I searched the forum but havent found anything about lost admin password after the upgrade, but rather users have problem with the public access after upgrading. I dont have a problem with that since I reset it to defaults, now it lets anonymous users to browse the forum. However, I have a problem with my login. It isnt working anymore since I had it reset to default. Another problem is that when I browse the galery the thumbnails are showing, but when I click the thumbnail, the picture isnt there, just an X over the frame. When I click on that empty frame with the X to get the Full size picture, I am able to view it in the pop up window. I think it is really a strange error. I would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: Meantime, I went ahead and looked at my tables with PhpMyAdmin and I found my user with whom I was able to log on before I set everything to Default. So the user is still there. However, even thought I enter the right password, I will get a *** Couldn't log in. Try again ***

What on earth is going on with my Gallery? I was addicted to it, andnow I cannot upload more to it :( Please help. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 03:17:00 pm by bence8810 »

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 03:51:12 pm »

Sorry,
you were right, I did find the thread just below mentioning the same problem, so I added the line at the bottom of a file you suggested there, and now I can login, and of course I also enabled encrypted passwords, and then I removed the additional line. For others facing the same proble, here is the solution:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24516.msg112788#msg112788

This helped, but I am still unable to see the pictures when I click the thumbnail, unelss I click again to get Full version. Is there a fix for that also?

Thanks

Ben

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 03:58:43 pm »

Did you change the thumb_/normal_ prefixes to something other than the default? If so you need to put it back as you had it before you reset. Post a link to your gallery otherwise.

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 05:43:20 pm »

Well, tell you the truth, dont really remember if I did change it or not. Anyways, I did another update now from the Zip file, and all works, except the normal size images. Well, I kind of remember changing it. Let me check it again. Meantime, here is the link.

http://www.celifornia.com/fotoalbum/

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: I didnt change it from defaults now I remember. I dont know what could have gone wrong.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:49:33 pm by bence8810 »

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 05:52:42 pm »

Hi

You were right again. Dang it. I must have changed it to have no prefix. Anyways, now it works like a charm. Thanks for the help. I am back up and running/.

Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.