Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am locked out after an upgrade and set Defaults...  (Read 6066 times)

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
I am locked out after an upgrade and set Defaults...
« on: December 13, 2005, 09:44:00 am »

Hi

I would like to make it clear, I know I was a moron to do the upgrade through Fantastico, but here I go anyways,...

So, I have a webhosting, and I have a CPanel with access to fantastico. Fantastico noted me, that I URGENTLY had to upgrade to the Gallery's newest version, so I hit upgrade. It came back with some kind of a duplication error. After that, when I went to the gallery, it asked for password. I logged in, and it all seemed good, but public access was prohibited. I went to the settings, and I enabled public access to gallery, but as soon as I saved it, it went back to Prohibiting access mode. I was puzzled, so I hit the Set Defaults button. Now public access is back, but I cannot log in. I guess it deleted my admin username. I am sure it would let me in with teh original Administrator pass, but I forgot that. I set up an account for myself with admin rights, and that user is locked out now. How can I reset the admin password?

Thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:54:04 pm by TranzNDance »

thoughtout

• Coppermine newbie
Re: I am locked out after an upgrade and set Defaults...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:02:02 pm »

Ben,

I have the same issue!   Can anyone help us out?

Mike

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 10:09:46 pm »

Please search the forum, this has been explained enough times already.

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 02:15:38 pm »

Hi

I searched the forum but havent found anything about lost admin password after the upgrade, but rather users have problem with the public access after upgrading. I dont have a problem with that since I reset it to defaults, now it lets anonymous users to browse the forum. However, I have a problem with my login. It isnt working anymore since I had it reset to default. Another problem is that when I browse the galery the thumbnails are showing, but when I click the thumbnail, the picture isnt there, just an X over the frame. When I click on that empty frame with the X to get the Full size picture, I am able to view it in the pop up window. I think it is really a strange error. I would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: Meantime, I went ahead and looked at my tables with PhpMyAdmin and I found my user with whom I was able to log on before I set everything to Default. So the user is still there. However, even thought I enter the right password, I will get a *** Couldn't log in. Try again ***

What on earth is going on with my Gallery? I was addicted to it, andnow I cannot upload more to it :( Please help. Thanks
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 03:17:00 pm by bence8810 »

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 03:51:12 pm »

Sorry,
you were right, I did find the thread just below mentioning the same problem, so I added the line at the bottom of a file you suggested there, and now I can login, and of course I also enabled encrypted passwords, and then I removed the additional line. For others facing the same proble, here is the solution:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24516.msg112788#msg112788

This helped, but I am still unable to see the pictures when I click the thumbnail, unelss I click again to get Full version. Is there a fix for that also?

Thanks

Ben

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 03:58:43 pm »

Did you change the thumb_/normal_ prefixes to something other than the default? If so you need to put it back as you had it before you reset. Post a link to your gallery otherwise.

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 05:43:20 pm »

Well, tell you the truth, dont really remember if I did change it or not. Anyways, I did another update now from the Zip file, and all works, except the normal size images. Well, I kind of remember changing it. Let me check it again. Meantime, here is the link.

http://www.celifornia.com/fotoalbum/

Thanks

Ben

EDIT: I didnt change it from defaults now I remember. I dont know what could have gone wrong.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 05:49:33 pm by bence8810 »

bence8810

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 05:52:42 pm »

Hi

You were right again. Dang it. I must have changed it to have no prefix. Anyways, now it works like a charm. Thanks for the help. I am back up and running/.

Ben
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.