Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Coppermine stopped working when I changed webhotell.  (Read 3303 times)

bakafo

• Coppermine newbie

Hi.

I recently moved my site from one webhotell to another. However I forgot to backup the mySQLphp database, I guess that's why the site doesn't work on the new hotell.

I have a backup of the photosite itself, is there anyway I can make it work again?

ps: I already tryed just changing the login/pass in the config.inc.php

Please help me, it was a really big photogallery! :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 10:15:09 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine stopped working when I changed webhotell.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 09:03:06 am »

if you have no mySQL backup you will have to start from scratch, install coppermine again and batch-add all the pics in the albums folder. Maybe you could ask your old webhost if you could get a dump?

GauGau

bakafo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 09:31:34 am »

shit...  that will be alot of work. All the picture comments and everything will be lost, or "are lost" rather.

They aren ot very helpful at b-one.net. They are really arrogant and well, they didn't feel like helping me out at all. They just said: "you can not access your sql "thing" anymore. I replyed that I know this but asked them to please send me the files via email or something, they didn't reply.

well, thanks anyway.

bakafo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 09:32:59 am »

By the way. There are different *.sql files in the /sql dir of my photogallery. That aint it right?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 09:57:39 am »

those sql files are being used to built an empty coppermine database during install. They don't contain any information about your old gallery. Your old gallery appears to be lost, you will have to start from scratch. A database table isn't just a file you could send around (well, in fact it is stored in a container file, but you can not use that directly) -  a database table can not be accessed on file level, you have to create a dump. That's probably why the guys at your old webhosting company didn't react - they noticed you're a newbie in database matters and thought "why bother".
The bottom line is: you will have to build your gallery from scratch, there's little that can be done. You're recommended to backup your mySQL database on a regular basis in the future (using a database tool like phpMyAdmin). If you plan to move to a new webhost, you will have to create a dump (backup) of all your mySQL database contents if you plan to take them with you.

GauGau

bakafo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 10:02:00 am »

I understand alot better now. Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.