Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch add, deleting already uploaded files?  (Read 3508 times)

jaeSun

• Coppermine newbie
batch add, deleting already uploaded files?
« on: August 03, 2004, 08:19:20 pm »

was reading the docs, and it says to "use coppermine's admin menu to remove files instead, since this way they will be removed both from the file system and the database."

where is this option?

i would like to just delete the files that i already uploaded out after they are uploaded ...

or do i just remove the pictures via FTP ?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: batch add, deleting already uploaded files?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 09:34:23 am »

DO NOT delete by ftp, that will cause errors on the gallery, as the database will still be looking for these pics.

You can delete when in admin mode.  Next to the album thumbnail, are 3 buttons, 'delete', 'properties', and 'edit pics'.
To delete a complete album of pics just click on delete.  To delete selected pics from within the album, click on edit pics.

You can also delete individual pics from the intermediate image display.  There should be 3 buttons under the pic, also only when in admin mode.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jaeSun

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 06:14:08 pm »

?????????

doesnt CPM upload the files from the folder to its database, etc ??? 

or does CPM actually just keep those files from the folder there and uses those pics?

crap ....

cuz i thought they were just temp files ... so i just created a folder called temp in the albums directory ....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 06:20:54 pm »

coppermine just stores the path to the pics in it's database, the pics remain where you uploaded them. I wouldn't bother if you have a folder called "temp", nobody will notice.

GauGau

jaeSun

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 09:52:16 pm »

so when you upload them file by file, where does it go then?

so thats why the docs said to keep a folder tree according to the album listing .....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 08:23:33 am »

If you upload by ftp and use batch-add (only the admin can do this), the pics will stay were you uploaded them to. It's recommended that you create a structure within the albums folder that matches your category and albums structure, but it's only a recommendation and not mandatory.
If you upload using http uploads (can be done both by admin and regular users), the pics will go into sub-folders of the userpics folder - for each new user, a new userpics sub-folder will be created.
The benefit of having coppermine to remember where your pics actually reside at is that you (the human) don't have to keep track where the files are. Simply leave the userpics folder alone, never touch it manually, as coppermine only needs control over it. Never delete a file by ftp once it exists in your database, use the built-in coppermine tools instead.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.