Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with FTP  (Read 2810 times)

gaijin

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with FTP
« on: July 13, 2004, 05:33:18 pm »

Dear all,

I've uploaded a folder containing about 150 pics in the /albums folder, then click on the FTP button as logged as admin.
Then the page begin to load... but timed out !

The worst is that my server fall down !! 120 of load average... SSH was not able to respond.
Then after a few minutes my 'ps axf' told me that a lot of "/usr/bin/convert" was running...
So I tried to patch the source code by modifying the line containing an "exec" function...
I Tought that it create several threads to convert images (Imagemagick - in my case generate thumbnails from 6 Mpx images).
No way from this.

Do you have any idea about this issue ? Nothing found int the FAQ.

Thanks in advance for help ! And Thanks for this great product !!

Gaijin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem with FTP
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 05:56:37 pm »

This is a known issue when using ImageMagick: convert is behaving "greedy" and starts as many processes as there are files that need to be run. To decrease the load, you could either switch to GD, or you could add less files in one go when using batch-add. Afaik there's no other way of limiting ImageMagick's convert to start so many processes.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.