Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Appearance of the Gallery at Google Search  (Read 2679 times)

mitko

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • World of Lighthouses
Appearance of the Gallery at Google Search
« on: September 17, 2013, 04:18:19 pm »

Gents, i'm not sure this is the support issue, but probably moderators could suggest to move this topic to another board.
I've made little research in order how Coppermine engine could be displayed in Google search output. Found some not really nice things (this is applied to my gallery of course).
Example of Category page in the output: page link http://www.lightphotos.net/photos/index.php?cat=12 - see screenshot cat.png
Example of Album page: page link http://www.lightphotos.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=38 - see screenshot album.png
And finally Picture page: page link http://www.lightphotos.net/photos/displayimage.php?pid=3834 - see screenshot pic.png
What i do not like in this output - after the more-less proper header you can see quite messy text which google extracted as this page description. I understand that these are google algorythms and sort of SEO issue, but maybe you can advise how to improve such appearance of site in google in order to do not scary user who looks at this text?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Appearance of the Gallery at Google Search
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

I don't get what you're asking for. If you want to adjust the page titles you need to tell in which way you want to change them.

mitko

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • World of Lighthouses
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:54:49 pm »

Hi Andre!

The title is okay. I would like to see in Google output after the title something more reasonable than
"(1 votes). IMG_5836.JPG Andalucia / Algeciras / Muelle Juan Carlos I Norte lightD2425.3; 2020072 viewsmitko 0 (0 votes). IMG_6292.JPG Andalucia / Algeciras ..."
you see - this is mess!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:02:47 pm »

There are some SEO/SEF plugins and mods available in our board. Maybe one of them improves the Google output, I don't know, as I never tested any of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.