Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Windows Server 2008: blank page after install.php  (Read 8275 times)

chatdave

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Windows Server 2008: blank page after install.php
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:27:39 pm »

I know that the problem with the blank page ist not new, but my problem is, that all the articles deal with linux. I installed Coppermine on a Windows Server 2008 with mysql 5.1.42 and php 5.3.1. I have read all the articles with blank pages, but no one helped me. After the "let's go"-button I receive only a blank page with the logo on top... Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:40:31 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Windows Server 2008: blank page after install.php
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:47:37 pm »

There should be something in the server error log that tells you what the problem is. Are you self hosting?

chatdave

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »

Thanks for your fast answer, Nibbler...

Yes, I'm self-hosting. But there are no errors in the server logs... Maybe it's a php-problem, but I have no idea where to search for the problem...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

chatdave

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:44:00 pm »

Ok, maybe someone can help with my phpinfo...

https://w2k8r2.dschiffmann.dyndns.org/info.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:17 am »

You're supposed to take a look at the server's error log and not at phpinfo. We can't and won't help you with server setup issues. Self-hosting is not recommended nor supported.
Your certificate is not valid, so you should not use https; quite frankly, you don't seem to have the skills to be self-hosting. I won't try to access your phpinfo site. You really shouldn't do that. Honestly: not a bright idea to display phpinfo publicly. Remove it unless you want to attract hackers. Try paid webhosting, there's a reason why not everyone runs a server of his own in his basement.

chatdave

• Coppermine newbie
Windows Server 2008: blank page after install.php
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:30:56 am »

If I say, there are no errors in the server log, then there are no errors... But I think, you are not able to help, or you don't want to help using Coppermine, so you can close this thread...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 08:37:59 am »

or you don't want to help
Correct: I don't want to help you set up your webserver properly in the first place. That's why I said that self-hosting goes unsupported - that's the meaning of the word "unsupported". You're trying to put this the other way 'round, as if we were not ready to support coppermine. That's just not the case: we do support coppermine, but we don't support webserver setup questions; simple as that. You wanted us to look into your server setup (that's what looking at phpinfo's output is), which we will not do, especially since you made it hard for us by providing an invalid https link. In my opinion your last posting is just a lame attempt to make us look bad...
You sent us to an invalid phpinfo page instead of posting a link to your gallery, which is what I requested, so what kind of answer do you expect? We don't like being sent around in circles, and we don't like playing games with you.
Anyway, I'll do as suggested and mark this thread accordingly. Locking as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.