Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Albums Directory  (Read 4937 times)

seoulshul

• Coppermine newbie
Changing Albums Directory
« on: May 16, 2004, 02:20:48 pm »

i recently created my first photo album. and i uploaded many pictures. now, i want to move all my pictures to a different directory. there is a footnote that says once ive added pictures to a directotry, i cannot change its path...
i really need to, so that the images can be shared in the same folder as another project im working on. i have no problems with re-uploading the images into its new directory...
my question is, by changing this path, does it screw up anything? would i have to re-install everything?
thanks for your advice!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Changing Albums Directory
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 02:51:32 pm »

the paths are being stored in coppermine's database, so if you're a bit familiar with phpMyAdmin you could run a query to change the path in one go. There have been issues with the albums folder being outside of the coppermine root path though, so this requires some skill.
If re-uploading all the images is not a problem for you, I suggest you remove the pics that currently exist in your coppermine database (by means of coppermine's built-in tools that will delete both the files from the server as well as the database entries); then you change the albums directory in coppermine's config and finally you re-add the pics.
For further details it might be helpful if you post additional data (like a link and the current and future paths of your albums folder).

GauGau

andrewjr

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 06:57:40 pm »

I was wondering how you change directory of the albums in the sql database.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 06:58:11 am »

coppermine config table: "fullpath".

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.