Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing from phpBB to vBulletin  (Read 2316 times)

otn

• Coppermine newbie
changing from phpBB to vBulletin
« on: May 16, 2004, 06:30:52 am »

Hey guys, I just recently installed coppermine and now I've decided I'd like to upgrade my forums from phpBB 2.0.8 to vBulletin.  The problem is that my users have already uploaded some 500 odd pictures and I heard somewhere (but can't find it now despite about 2 hours of searching) that if you change from phpbb to vbulletin your userid numbers also change and you lose all images in the galleries.  Is this true, and if so, how easily could it be fixed?

Here's what I'd like to do:

Upgrade from phpbb to vBulletin and keep all pictures in coppermine with the appropriate users.

my site is http://www.observedtrials.net if it matters.

Matt

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: changing from phpBB to vBulletin
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 01:10:05 pm »

never tried that or heard of anyone trying this. Make a backup (dump) of your database before you actually do the migration so you can get back. If the two bbs use different user-IDs, there must be some logic behind the relation of them. Maybe you'll have to apply the logic conversion to the coppermine database as well.

GauGau

otn

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 08:40:49 pm »

I figured if there was some logical way they recreated userIDs that I would be able to change coppermine so it understands.  The problem is that I have coppermine tied into the phpBB database, so coppermine doesn't actually have its own user info, it just draws it from the same database that phpBB uses.  So if I install vBulletin and it changes userID numbers I basically will have to change the way coppermine draws its user info from the database.  I'm guessing you play quite a large part in the development of coppermine so I would MAJORLY appreciate any info you could give me on just that.  In the meantime I will be hitting up the guys at vBulletin for any info I can gain about how the conversion from phpBB will change userIDs.

Thanks a lot GauGau and anyone else willing to help!

Matt

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 09:54:24 am »

I recommend you create an exact copy of what you have now and do a test migration (if you have enough server-space available). You are correct, coppermine doesn't use a user table of it's own when integrated, so I'd just take a look what happens if you migrate your bbs, enable the proper coppermine bridge file and see if the relation between the bbs user and his/her pics is still there.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 14 queries.