Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Install Problem - "Fatal Error"  (Read 5087 times)

Sandman

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Install Problem - "Fatal Error"
« on: September 10, 2009, 03:34:38 am »

Hello,

I installed v1.4.25 and after completion when I went to the page I receive the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function adminmessages() in /xyz.net/coppermine/index.php on line 767
(domain name changed)

This error comes up when I am at the home page or at the config page (replacng index.php with admin.php and line 860)

Here are a few lines with the problem line bolded:
    get_cat_list($breadcrumb, $cat_data, $statistics);

pageheader($BREADCRUMB_TEXT ? $BREADCRUMB_TEXT : $lang_index_php['welcome']);
    adminmessages();
    $elements = preg_split("|/|", $CONFIG['main_page_layout'], -1, PREG_SPLIT_NO_EMPTY);

I have tried this instalation many times withthe same results (even tried with an earlier version).

All permissions were set in directories as required in the docs.  This also is displayed when I go out of admin mode and into user mode.  All other links seem to work, except for the config.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:17:40 pm by Joachim Müller »

onthepike

Re: Install Problem - "Fatal Error"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:41:08 am »

Is this a clean install or an update? If an update, did you run update.php?

Post a link to your gallery. xyz.net isn't helpful.

Sandman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 03:51:40 am »

This was a fresh install.

The error only comes up when you are logged in as admin.  When you just go to the page as a non registered user, you see no errors and of course nothing but the standard links which go to the proper place except there is no content yet.

onthepike

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:14:06 am »

If you want additional support, post a link to your gallery (as is a requirement when asking for support). I don't want to play guessing games or 20-questions with you.

Sandman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 03:18:54 am »

Thanks for the response.  I did not post the url because you can not see the error unless you are logged in as admin, I was not trying to be difficult.

So for the record, the address is:  http://www.robinsonfamilytree.net/coppermine

As stated above, if you go to the site you will see the app running, however, since there is no content you only see the navigation.

onthepike

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 05:22:14 am »

This is not correct layout. Other than your login and search pages which appear to render normally, the rest of your pages appear truncated and might be causing or contributing to your problem.

Since this is a clean install with no content, I would suggest first make a backup of your /include/config.inc.php file, then complete a manual install after purging the entire /coppermine directory.

I may be wrong, but I believe this issue may be caused by your web host implementing a footer on auto-install. Try a full purge and manual re-install. Don't use an auto-installer with Coppermine.

Try that and report back.

Sandman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 12:30:21 pm »

That did it, thank you very much for your assistance
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.