Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Migrating from one web host to another  (Read 2411 times)

alanuk

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Migrating from one web host to another
« on: May 11, 2004, 09:30:17 am »

Hi

I'm in the process of moving from one web host to another and I was wondering if there is an easy way of moving my Coppermine gallery over to the new host. Ideally I would like to retain the same structure, page hits, photo hits, comments etc.

Is it simply a matter of re-creating the same directory/folder structure that exists on the original site? Presumably I can export the database from the original site, then create a new database on the new host and import the data from the original site (using phpadmin?). Then I guess I would have to amend the configuartion file.

All suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Alan
www.ardpix.co.uk (going to www.my-digitalphotos.co.uk)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 09:59:00 am by GauGau »

alanuk

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Migrating from one web host to another
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 09:44:56 am »

Ooops.. sorry, please ignore my question. Having now done a more thorough search on previous postings (I was looking for "migrating servers" rather than "switching servers"), I have found the answer.

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.