Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with uploadingfiles when upgrading to 1.4.23  (Read 5886 times)

reep

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with uploadingfiles when upgrading to 1.4.23
« on: May 25, 2009, 01:50:55 pm »

Hi there , I just did an upgrade to the newest version and now when I tried to upload a photo I got this message : 0 uploads were successful. 
and no errors could anybody know what to do ? before the uploading everything worked before fine .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem with uploadingfiles when upgrading to 1.4.23
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:51:57 pm »

Then you better read the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues" and do exactly as suggested there....

gammann

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:44:05 am »

I had this same problem.  If i downgraded my files to 1.4.22, and left my database at 1.4.23 level, I could upload again.  To be more specific, I only had an issue with using the http uploads, batch uploads worked fine.

I made the 1.4.23 upgrades manually, and the uploading broke after editing the init.inc.php file.

I also had the warning about register globals being on, so I turned it off in the php.ini and now after going back to 1.4.23, I am able to upload again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:37:05 am »

First of all, you should use cpg1.4.24. Downgrading is not an option. Not being able to upload can have a myriad of reasons, that's why we request users seeking support to do as suggested in the docs. Your well-meant advice doesn't help here - it only makes people reluctant to upgrade, because they "read somewhere" that upgrading can cause issues. This is not the case: we take care of upgrading issues if necessary. Always use the most recent version and do as we suggest in the docs. There's a reason why we describe the prcoess in the docs the way we did. There is no alternative method.

gammann

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:06:14 pm »

wow man chill.....Someone had a problem and I tried to help by providing some troubleshooting that I did.  This is what the internet is about.

Sure not being able to upload can be because of many reasons, but I did some troubleshooting on my own, and determined a solution.  I actually upgraded to 1.4.24 to try to fix the problem, but it didn't work either.  So I did what anyone would do, go back to the working version.  That fixed it, so then I looked at the changes that were made to 1.4.23, and followed the manual instructions on how to make them.  I tested the upload feature after every change to determine what caused the problem.

So yes, 1.4.23 does have a problem.  If you have register globals on, it breaks your http uploading.  Even if the code is just supposed to warn you that its on.

dolomites

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:44:26 pm »

The problem is still the init.inc.php; if you use an older version of this file the upload works   :o

ucenicul

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:54:10 pm »

I met the same problem after upgrading to latest version 1.4.24. I changed the file you indicated and the problem is resolved. Thank you very much Nibbler!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.