Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: create a new group  (Read 6411 times)

shutiri

• Coppermine regular visitor
create a new group
« on: May 04, 2004, 09:01:32 am »

Hi.

Is it possible to create a new group ?  I mean a group between guests and members or between members and admin, to set particular privileges to a new group ?

thank you.
shutiri.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: create a new group
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:20:40 am »

sure, that's what the "Create new group" button is for in group manager (in the standalone version, without using a bridge file). If you use coppermine bridged with a bbs, you'll have to create the group in your bbs and visit the coppermine groups manager afterwards to start a synchronization.

GauGau

shutiri

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 09:44:54 am »

thank you.  I tried to integrate it with phpBB, I read and did everything I've found in this forum, but still can't get it.  But that's the reason why I didn't see the "Create new group" button  ;)

thank you, Gaugau.  Your software is great.  Could you please, please take a look on the thread about the phpBB/CPG integration.  I just don't want to give up on that, but I have been reading and trying for hours...  I just can´t find the way.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1164.60

Shutiri.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 11:18:48 am »

I've never bridged before, and have watched all these problems on the phpBB with interest.

So I thought I'd try the smf board and bridge to that.  I was surprised how easy it is, and how well it works.
As smf is effectively an upgrade of phpbb, why don't you try that, then bridge.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

shutiri

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 11:32:33 am »

Thank you Casper.

smf is an upgrade of phpbb ?  then, if I have a complete phpBB working on my site what should I do to convert it to phpBB ?  this begins to be a headache: I had an XMB forum on my site.  Then I wanted to install CPG on my site too and I had to convert my XMB to phpBB (quite dificult) because I read on CPG's site that I could integrate them.

Is there any other way ?  ???
Anyway, I'll take a look on smf.

thank you for your answer.
Shutiri.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 12:06:09 pm »

smf provides an upgrade script from phpbb.

BUT, I may have mislead you about the groups thing.  I have been testing my bridge install this morning, and the group permissions are still not ok for moderators. :-[
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

shutiri

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 12:23:31 pm »

I don't understand the "group permissions" thing.  I've created a group on phpBB, and it was recognized by CPG inmediately.  I don't know about the permissions, but I think I could just set them up in CPG after creating the group on smf, right ?

Anyway, do you know how can I fix my problem without migrating to smf ?

my site's forum: www.huecos.com/foro
my site's gallery: www.huecos.com/fotos
user: test
pass: test

thank you.
shutiri.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 12:20:26 am »

The previous postings may have been misleading for some: SMF is not an upgrade of phpbb, but a spin-off/next generation version from YaBB SE (they chose a new name because the CGI version YaBB used to have a lot of bad press). There is a converter from the guys at SMF, but it hasn't been released to the public yet - I was lucky to get it as a sort of beta-tester and used it to convert our phpbb forum to SMF successfully. If you're planning to convert your phpBB forum to SMF you'll have 3 choices: a) become a SMF charter member, b) ask very, very nicely on the SMF board if you can have the converter or c) wait for the official release of the converter (probably when SMF1.0 stable will be released).

GauGau

P.S. No, I can't give you the converter, I promised not to give it away

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 12:54:39 am »

:-[  every so sorry.  Got my boards mixed up.

shutiri

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 01:21:51 am »

Gaugau, it seems like the converter is available to the public on smf site...  Is that correct ?  this is the link, but since I'm still  kind of newbie,  I prefer to ask:  ;)

http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php?converters

regards,
shutiri.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 01:34:42 am »

yes, seems like they finally released it to the public - have a go with it, but remember to backup first!

GauGau

P.S. Questions on SMF should preferrably be posted on the SMF web site...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 15 queries.