Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File information under photo  (Read 4355 times)

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
File information under photo
« on: March 26, 2009, 02:39:02 pm »

I downloaded and installed a new theme.  With my previous theme the file information under the photo does not show and that's the way I want it.

After installing the new theme, even though the configuration is the same, the file information can be seen.  And again, when I switch to the older theme, the infomation can't be seen.   

I would like to have the new theme and be able to hide the information displayed under it (album name, file size, URL etc.).  But I have not been able to figure out what step(s) I may have missed when installed the new theme.  Thank you.

Nibbler

Re: File information under photo
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:48:31 pm »

What theme?

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 03:59:43 pm »

The new theme is Hermes gray. The one I had was Hardwired.
With Hardwired, the information under the photo is not shown (the way I want).
With Hermes gray all the information under the file can be seen even though I have not made any changes in the configurarion.
Thank you.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:05:23 pm »

Looks like a bug in the theme. Edit the theme.php, find

Code: [Select]
$picinfo = isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['picinfo']) ? $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['picinfo'] : ($CONFIG['display_pic_info'] ? 'block' : 'none');

change to

Code: [Select]
$picinfo = isset($_COOKIE['picinfo']) ? $_COOKIE['picinfo'] : ($CONFIG['display_pic_info'] ? 'block' : 'none');

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:01:45 pm »

I will do it. Thank you for your prompt response.  :)

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 09:32:47 pm »

Before making the changes that you suggested, I went to look at other demos of themes/styles and all the demos have the file description displayed under the photos.  I downloaded a couple more of themes and they all kept the file description under the photo after I put them in my gallery.  But that is not happening with the themes that were originally included with the gallery. 

I had not gone to the Demo site in a long time but I don't remember seeing the file description under the files before. And that description of the files that's now in all Demos is what I would like not to be displayed in my gallery. 

Am I allowed to post a screen shot here of what I am talking about.  I don't know if I am explaining my concern clearly. Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 09:02:48 pm »

Am I allowed to post a screen shot here of what I am talking about. 
In fact you're even encouraged to do so - please read up board rules. Even better would be to post real life links. Start with a link to your gallery for a start.

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 01:28:50 am »

Thank you all for your prompt responses and for bearing with me. Below is a screen shot of the demo.  What is encircled is what I would like to get rid off.  Once I upload the new theme, that information is staying and even though I have looked in the configuration and have checked what I believe should be checked to hide that information, it stays under the photo. I tried a couple of themes and the information stays with any theme I upload and install. But, when I switch to any of the themes included with the basic installation, that does not happen and the information stays hidden.  I removed all the new themes I installed until I had an answer from you.  Maybe it is something simple that I have missed but I can’t figure it out. :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 12:07:39 pm »

Even better would be to post real life links. Start with a link to your gallery for a start.
Any particular reason for not doing as I requested?

ninabell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 01:13:21 pm »

Yes, the particular reason is that I know that there are some guidelines to post the link to the gallery and I wanted to read the documentation first. I can post a link to my gallery: http://imagino-imagino.com/galery1/login.php  but... would you be able to enter?  I know that there are is a way I have to set the gallery but since I am learning Coppermine 'language' slowly, I wanted to read the documentation and post the link with the requirements you asks so you could enter and see the problem.

Also, as I have said in one of my previous post I removed the new themes I installed until I had an answer from you.  So, I posted that shot first, while I read the documentation/guidelines, set the gallery accordingly, upload again the theme that I had the problem with and then post the link.

For someone who is starting with this complicated (but very interesting and entertaining) program, all those steps can take days!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.