Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Before I switch from MEnalto, can any one answer this search question for me?  (Read 3449 times)

AntiNSA

• Coppermine newbie

I have the problem with gallery 2.3 that my images which have keywords longer than 255 characters are not being indexed by the gallery search engine past the 355 character.....

This is a huge problem as my keywords are around 700 characters large, and I need them to be searchable. Can coppermine index and search these images with larger iptc field information?

Nibbler

No, IPTC data is not searchable in Coppermine.

AntiNSA

• Coppermine newbie

OH god... I am losing hope...

What about EXIF, XMP?

Is that searchable?

roger_morgan

• Coppermine newbie

Hi only just read this post! Not sure if this will help.

If one uses the Bulk Import Plugin (cpgmassimport), then the IPTC data gets put into the caption field, which can then be searched for in coppermine in the usual way.

As you seem to want to switch systems, your pictures will probably be stored in an ordered way ie. directory sructure is same as your category / album structure, so bulk import would be very useful in anycase.

Good luck

Roger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.