Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using 100% width on Prosilver based themes  (Read 5445 times)

jeepguy_1980

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Loop Family Forum & Gallery
Using 100% width on Prosilver based themes
« on: November 09, 2008, 05:00:34 pm »

What would it take to change one of the ProSilver based themes to fill the width of the browser window, like the phpBB3 ProSilver themes do?

jeepguy_1980

• Contributor
Re: Using 100% width on Prosilver based themes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 01:21:49 am »

The theme I want to stretch is the ProSilver theme for Coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:46:45 am »

Edit http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/themes/prosilver/theme/portal_adds.css
Find
Code: [Select]
#wrap { 
   padding: 0px 20px 0 20px;
   min-width: 650px;
   width: 930px;  /* change here to set the inner width (forum) of the wrapper */
   margin: 0px auto; 

.outside {
   margin: 0px auto;
   width : 970px; /* change here to set the outer width (borders) of the wrapper */
   <!--[if IE]>
   overflow:hidden;
   <![endif]-->   
}
and edit the width attributes as you see fit.

In the other thread you posted in I already told you about board rules. Please read those rules entirely. One of the rules you failed to read or ignored for unknown reasons is [8] Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links. There's a reason why those rules exist - we can only help you properly if you respect board rules and do as suggested there.
If the original prosilver theme for phpBB3 is for full width, you might download that and use a diff viewer to find out the differences.

jeepguy_1980

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 05:30:55 pm »

Thank you for your help. I had read the forum rules prior to making any posts. I agree the original post may have been out of forum rules.

I didn't post any links b/c, I don't have the ProSilver theme set right now and b/c my question was in regards to widening the ProSilver theme was based on an unmodified CPG and ProSilver theme.

But I do appreciate your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 07:18:20 am »

Well, then get the existing Prosilver theme, upload it and try if you can figure out how to get the full width thingy working. If you should succeed, post what you did for the benefit of others with similar issues. If you fail, post a link to your gallery. Using the Web Developer Toolbar, supporters can try to make your theme match. You don't have to switch themes yet if you're afraid that a work-in-progress theme might scare visitors away - just add
Code: [Select]
theme=prosilver to the URL to display the theme only for you and not for everyone else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 15 queries.