Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There was an error while processing a database query ....  (Read 8265 times)

Prisoner_24601

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
There was an error while processing a database query ....
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:22:59 pm »

Yes, I know: standard error :).

I'd get this error when trying to click the "JUpload Configuration" button under Plugins in the Plugin Manager.  I tried under multiple Admin accounts and themes and then I decided to DEBUG.

This button runs the following query:

Code: [Select]
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS cpg14x_jupload_session (
  session_id varchar(40) NOT NULL,
  jupload_session_id varchar(40) NOT NULL,
  ip tinytext    NOT NULL,
  valid_until datetime NOT NULL,
  user_name varchar(25) NOT NULL,
  user_data text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (session_id, jupload_session_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Used to store JUpload sessions (used only for upload through the plugin, when sessionManagement configuration parameter is JUpload)';

The error in DEBUG said that the COMMENT was too long.

I manually ran the SQL query through phpMyAdmin, but set all the varchar amounts to 255 and deleted the COMMENT line.  I tried the "JUpload Configuration" button again and it worked just fine.

Dunno if anyone else is havening this problem or if it's just me (my configuration).  I searched and didn't see anything.

My compliments to etienne_sf on a beautiful plugin.  I'm going to get a lot of use out of it!

==========

My current config:
* Coppermine 1.4.19
* PHP 5.1.1
* MySQL client version: 4.1.7
* IIS  (Windows NT MIRAGE 5.2 build 3790)
* JUpload 3.2.4

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
Re: There was an error while processing a database query ....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:25:23 pm »

Hi,

Thanks .. and have a big use if it !

You're the first to report this error.

It's the first time I see an application crash, because the comment is too long !!!!
;)

I changed it to Used to store JUpload sessions (see sessionManagement JUpload configuration parameter).

Can you check it on your system ?

Etienne

MarkRH

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 04:51:30 am »

I'm trying out the program locally on my PC.. actually I'm evaluate Coppermine Gallery itself locally before setting it up on hosting service.  Anyway, I get "Critical error There was an error while processing a database query" when clicking on the Configuration Button. 

Same issue it would appear:
While executing query "
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS cpg14x_jupload_session (
  session_id varchar(40) NOT NULL,
  jupload_session_id varchar(40) NOT NULL,
  ip tinytext    NOT NULL,
  valid_until datetime NOT NULL,
  user_name varchar(25) NOT NULL,
  user_data text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (session_id, jupload_session_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='Used to store JUpload sessions (see sessionManagement JUpload configuration parameter)';
" on 0

mySQL error: Too long comment for table 'cpg14x_jupload_session'

I ran it locally using SQLYog, and it did create the table with 2 warnings and looks like it truncated the comment.  It's table creation looks like:

CREATE TABLE `cpg14x_jupload_session` (                                                                       
                          `session_id` varchar(40) NOT NULL,                                                                           
                          `jupload_session_id` varchar(40) NOT NULL,                                                                   
                          `ip` tinytext NOT NULL,                                                                                     
                          `valid_until` datetime NOT NULL,                                                                             
                          `user_name` varchar(25) NOT NULL,                                                                           
                          `user_data` text NOT NULL,                                                                                   
                          PRIMARY KEY  (`session_id`,`jupload_session_id`)                                                             
                        ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='Used to store JUpload sessions (see sessionManagement JUploa';

I'm running MySQL version 5.0.51b-community-nt

On further examination: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-table.html
Shows the comment can be up to 60 characters.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:11:24 am by MarkRH »

etienne_sf

• Coppermine addict
    • Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:10:14 pm »

Right!

On my database, the comment is :
Used to store JUpload sessions (used only for upload through

Which is also 61 characters long.

Do you have anywhere a config that tell MySql to throw an error when a warning occurs ?

You can update the plugins/jupload/include/session.inc.php file, and change or remove the comment around the line 91.

Etienne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.