Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Can't upload images through ftp client...  (Read 3033 times)

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
[Closed]: Can't upload images through ftp client...
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:53:21 pm »

Hey, I moved my gallery, and now I'm restoring the images on the gallery, but I can't upload the images because it says critical error...! My webhost says: "Uploading a huge amount of files slower server disk drive and decreasing overall performance. 2000 files is more than enough for any typical website (even the whole 000webhost.com (this is an unsolicited advert that triggered the stop-word filter) system is using less when 100 files with all images included)."

I would like  to knwo if you know any way to upload the images to my gallery rathe rthan ftp...
my gallery is (as you can sse there arte many images missing...): http://www.7crgallery7.co.cc/Gallery/index.php

Thanks,
Maria
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:17:15 pm by phill104 »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Can't upload images through ftp client...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 11:03:04 pm »

When does it say critical error, when you are using your ftp client? What ftp client are you using?

I'm guessing that you have moved your gallery and are now trying to continue to upload the contents of your albums folder to their correct locations?

Could you explain in more detail what the problem is?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:05:17 am »

When does it say critical error, when you are using your ftp client? What ftp client are you using?

I'm guessing that you have moved your gallery and are now trying to continue to upload the contents of your albums folder to their correct locations?

Could you explain in more detail what the problem is?

Ok, I'll explain better..
I moved my gallery to another server, and now I'm uploading the contents to my new domain which is: www.7crgallery7.co.cc. Some of the images are uploaded, but now when I try to upload the rest of them, it says critical error, on each image that I'm trying to upload... My ftp client is FileZilla.

Thanks in advance,
Maria

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 04:30:16 pm »

I too use Filezilla. Before the words critical error there will be another message such as Response:550 myfile.jpg: permission denied etc. That is the message you need to see as it will tell you what the problem is.

It could be that there is not enough room on the server, it could be that the server is timing out, it could be a permissions problem. Whatever the case it is probably something your webhost needs to deal with.

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »

before critical error it says:
Comando:   STOR normal_Roma_0-2_Manchester_United_(10).jpg
Resposta:   150 Accepted data connection
Resposta:   550-Quota exceeded: normal_Roma_0-2_Manchester_United_(10).jpg won't be saved
Resposta:   550-4000 files used (100%) - authorized: 4000 files
Resposta:   550 101814 Kbytes used (28%) - authorized: 358400 Kb

My webhost says that any site can use that much images, but I keep telling that there is enough sapce... I dont understand...:s

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:56:07 pm »

That means your host has a limit to the number of files they allow on their system at any one time. By space they mean storage in GBytes. They say you can have 4000 larger files but you have a limit of only 4000 which is a bit pants IMO.

You only have 2 choices, upgrade you package with your current host or change host to one that doesn't impose such limits.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:18:32 pm by phill104 »

mariamsr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:52 pm »

That means your host has a limit to the number of files they allow on their system at any one time. By space they mean storage in GBytes. They say you can have 400 larger files but you have a limit of only 4000 which is a bit pants IMO.

You only have 2 choices, upgrade you package with your current host or change host to one that doesn't impose such limits.

ok... Do you know a webhost that doesnt impose such limits..? And for free? What do you think it is the ebst webhost for coppermine for free?

Thanks,
Maria

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 10:17:00 pm »

Take a look here

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,5721.0.html

Bear in mind that some of those posts are very old so you will have to check that the info is still relavent.

There is a 1 question per thread policy. This makes for an easier to use support forum. Please respect the rules for your own and other users benefit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.