Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site Integration  (Read 2989 times)

uglycars

• Coppermine novice
Site Integration
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:46:04 am »

I was wondering if anyone had any spare time to help me integrate the coppermine gallery into my site that's using xhtml/css.  I new to the web site design aspect of the IT world and don't want to risk screwing my site up.

Currently, I have the gallery on my page using an iframe, but it looks terrible when there's all these extra scroll bars when it can be done without them!

http://www.ugly-cars.com/gallery.html

^^ url to the site.

I'd really appreciate it!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Site Integration
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:03:25 am »

Download the attached theme archive and unzip into your themes folder, upload using your FTP app, go to coppermine's config and change the default theme to "ugly_cars". Then change your overall navigation and you should be done. This was dead easy - you could have easily done this yourself, doing as suggested in the docs: I just made a copy of the hardwired theme, renamed it to "ugly_cars", edit the template.html in that folder and changed all reference from "hardwired" to "ugly_cars". Finally, I copied your header and footer into the template and was I done. Less than 5 minutes for me - should have taken your less than an hour (taking into account that you would have had to read the docs thoroughly before you could start).

uglycars

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:33:35 pm »

it's not working....I took the chunk of code you edited from my gallery.html page that was in your template.html file and added it to my gallery.html and it's not working.

check out the link posted in my original post..

uglycars

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:44:48 pm »

^^  Don't mind that post..I got it working...

anyhow, is there a way to make that theme better match the rest of my site?

meaning...

how do I change the background around the theme from like the grey it is to a solid black?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:27:50 am »

That's basic HTML/CSS and not directly related to coppermine, so I suggest you buy a good book that deals with that subject or google your way around. In your case, edit http://www.ugly-cars.com/photo/gallery/themes/ugly_cars/style.css, find
Code: [Select]
body {
        font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 10px;
        color : #AEAEAE;
        margin: 0px;
        background-color:#000000;
        background-image:url(images/hardwired.gif);
        background-repeat:repeat;
        }
and replace with
Code: [Select]
body {
        font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        font-size: 10px;
        color : #AEAEAE;
        margin: 0px;
        background-color:#000000;
        background-repeat:repeat;
        }

We have a strict "One question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Your initial question dealt with getting rid of the iframe, which I explained. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 16 queries.