Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: CM & e107 bridge not working after migration  (Read 7309 times)

treehstn

• Coppermine frequent poster
[Solved]: CM & e107 bridge not working after migration
« on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:10 am »

Hi everyone,

I moved my site to a new server and e107 is working fine.  The integration bridge between e107 and coppermine was not working when I tested it.  Coppermine was there and accessible.  I logged in with the admin account with no issue.  When I tried to run the bridge manager it got most of the way through the process and at the end of it I received this error message:

E107 BRIDGE ERROR: can't find 'e107_config.php'

Then I couldn't get back to the login page or any other page in coppermine without getting the same message.  I found the following post:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,38615.msg182439.html#msg182439

I did this "check the xxx_config table and look for value of bridge_enable it should be 0" and was able to get back to the gallery.  I tried running the bridge manager again and got the same result. 

The site address is:

www.glassresearch.net/coppermine

I created a test user who's login/pwd is test/test.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 08:21:00 pm by Nibbler »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: CM & e107 bridge not working after migration
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:29:50 pm »

Have you checked that the e107 file referred to is actually there and that bridge manager is pointing to the right place?

It also looks like you are running an outdated version of coppermine. You need to upgrade to the latest release before doing anything else.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

treehstn

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:16:37 pm »

Looks like I missed 1.4.17.  I'll upgrade that.  I do know that the e107 file is there.  I'll check to make sure that the bridge is looking in the correct place after I run the upgrade.  If that doesn't fix it I'll reply here again.

Thanks!

treehstn

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 12:17:58 am »

Now that I'm looking at this I didn't miss the upgrade.  I had the installation correct on the old server.  My new webhost performed a cPanel transfer of the whole domain from the old server to the new.  Something must have happened in that transition.  I'm upgrading the install.

treehstn

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 01:23:09 am »

I've upgraded coppermine and it's running fine.  I also reloaded the e107 bridge file.  I checked the file paths in the config area while I was logged in as administrator.  Everything looks ok.  When I run the bridge manager I get the same error message.  One thing that I've noticed is that the actual bridge file names are in this format:

e107.inc.php
mambo.inc.php

But the error message looks like it's looking for a file named e107_inc.php.  I don't want to change the file name itself since it appears to be correct.  It looks like there might be a setting somewhere in the bridge or config files that is using the underscore instead of a dot?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 01:45:37 am »

The e107_config.php file is part of e107. It is the path to this file that you need to provide to the bridge manager.

treehstn

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 04:45:44 am »

Thanks Nibbler!  I went back through the bridge manager and found the toggle to see unused fields.  It appears that the e107 bridge is setting those paths without any help.  In fact, during the bridge wizard process it won't make the path fields accessible for me to input them.  At that point I figured the paths have been set in the database from a previous bridging on the old server or it may be in one of the .php files.  I've searched through the obvious (and not so obvious!) db tables and .php files and haven't found anywhere that the paths are set. 

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this!

treehstn

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 06:59:35 am »

I've still not been able to find a solution yet.  I'm hoping that thanking Nibbler didn't make my last post look like the problem was solved.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 02:16:36 pm »

The bridge file modifies include/config.inc.php - check that information there is correct.

treehstn

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 04:32:49 pm »

The info in include/config.inc.php is all correct.  It doesn't have any path information though in that file.

treehstn

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:18 pm »

I figured part of this out.  I was able to change the following values in the database manually.  Then the bridge started working to a point.  I'm beginning to think this might be a permissions issue.  I'm working on researching that.

1. full_forum_url
2. relative_path_of_forum_from_webroot
3. relative_path_to_config_file

I'm not sure what to set the cookie prefix to. 

It's not wrapping at the moment... I'm working on that also.

treehstn

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 08:19:42 pm »

I got the gallery wrapped with e107.  Was just a matter of selecting the e107 theme in CM.  Looks like all is working now.

Thank you for the hints!  They sent me in the correct direction for the fixes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.