Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Moving to another domain - problem....  (Read 5449 times)

Br1

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Moving to another domain - problem....
« on: May 04, 2008, 02:24:24 pm »

First: I'm sorry if this should be posted in another sub-forum, I simply did'nt know where to put it.

My problem started when my previos domain, where the gallery was placed, was taken over by someone else during a long time in hospital - not paid in time. However, I still have acces to the files at the server. The solution was to registrer a new domain, and move the gallery to that location.

I use the same host as I did for the now lost domain.

Mostly this transfer-operation went well, (a few small details still not in place, but I think they are unrelevant in this matter) but no doubt I have missed something important. Not to wonder, my knowledge 'round these things are close to zero........

The first problem to solve, I think, is that I'm not able to log in. Therefor I,m not able to check version, update etc. Should also say that I no longer have acces to the original files from the time I installed Coppermine - they were placed om a computer wich crashed completely some time ago.

If important: I have bridged the gallery to a phpbb board. (The board is fully functional after moving to the new domain - even if a simular problem came up after the moving. Solution was i "fix" to set the correct values in the database.) The bridging (of course?) does not work for now.

One obvios problem is that I do not know all the files that contains the url,s needed to be changed. :-[

Link to the gallery:    http://www.lhm-kaffe.no/citroengalleriet/

I know this posting is both difficult to read and too much mixed in content, but I still have a bit of hope that someone would be so very kind to help me out. :) 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:16:19 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: Moving to another domain - problem....
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 03:04:53 pm »

First of all update your gallery. Your login link takes me to http://lhm-kaffe.com - you can't bridge across different domains. Go to bridgemgr.php disable the bridge and then bridge it correctly. Only link you need to change is your site url in config.

Br1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 10:32:01 pm »

Thank you, Nibbler.
Updating done, but the bridging seems to be a problem. I did'nt know how to disable the bridging in the bridgemgr.php, but reading in doc's introduced me to a method this link provides:  www.lhm-kaffe.no/citroengalleriet//bridgemgr.php. But perhaps I did something wrong using that? :-[  I was able to turn bridging off and finally I had access to CP in the gallery.

I think I have set up the correct values for both forum and cookies, but the bridging still won't work when a enable it. If it should be totaly removed, and then sat up again, I have no idea how to do it!

I understand you are bored and negative about giving advice that surely is given in doc's or/and other places, and I actually have been reading a lot around here. But still.......can't see the solution even if it probably is basic knowledge to most people. Is it possible to be guided a litle bit more, please?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 12:01:19 am »

Here's what you have now:

Name   phpBB2_forum_data
Value   a%3A2%3A%7Bs%3A11%3A%22autologinid%22%3Bs%3A0%3A%22%22%3Bs%3A6%3A%22userid%22%3Bi%3A-1%3B%7D
Host   .www.lhm-kaffe.no
Path   /forum
Secure   No
Expires   Mon, 04 May 2009 21:58:49 GMT

So in the bridge manager you need to set cookie name/prefix as phpBB2_forum
You also need to change the cookie path in phpbb to '/' so that Coppermine can read them.
You also need to change the cookie domain in phpbb, since what you have there is not valid. Set it to .lhm-kaffe.no
Then clear your cookies and try to login again.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:16:12 am by Nibbler »

Br1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Moving to another domain - problem.... SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:03 am »

Worked like a dream. ;D Thank you very much!!

I also got another problem, but as far as i understand that is not a bridging issue. I'll post that in another forum, trying not to mix different problems in this one.

Again thank you for exelent help. :) 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Solved]: Moving to another domain - problem....
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:19:09 am »

User Br1 appears to be identical to user Citroen. Don't re-register, but use your initial account.

Br1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Solved]: Moving to another domain - problem....
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 07:46:49 am »

Japp, that's me. Sorry, did not intend to register again. The reason is that the email-adress I registred connected to Citroen no longer is valid because the domain it belonged to are out ou my control. It's been so long time since I used that account that I actualy did'nt remember the password. And without valid email I could not use "forgot password"-option.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.