Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Don't know how to install  (Read 3719 times)

Everfresh

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Don't know how to install
« on: April 07, 2004, 09:01:53 pm »

I'm reading the manual and I am sooooo confused :?

-I downloaded the file cpg1.21

-Unpacked it

-Now it says to upload the files to my web server using the correct FTP mode. What is the correct FTP mode? Should I use a program like WS_FTP or Cute FTP or can I upload through Internet Explorer using the web address my host gave me?

-CHMOD the folders album ... still reading a few tutorials online. This is just confusing :shock:

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 09:24:31 pm »

You should use an ftp program, and any decent one set in auto mode will do.  If not, you need to upload the images in binary mode, the rest in ASCII mode.  Hopefully your webhost also gave you an ftp address and password etc.

CHMOD is the permissions settings for the folders/files.  Most ftp programs can change the chmod(if the webhost allows) by right clicking on the folder and choosing properties.

Take a little while to get your head around it, read the docs, it's not hard really  :wink:
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 09:24:53 pm »

Use WS_FTP if you can.  The correct mode would be binary for images and text for text.  WS_FTP has an 'auto' setting that will determine binary and text for you.

You can find the CHMOD controls in WS_FTP by selecting the file/directory and then right clicking on it. This will pull up a list of commands, and CHMOD will be among them.

-CHMOD the folders album ... still reading a few tutorials online. This is just confusing  :shock:

Welcome to the world of script hosting. I suspect you'll learn the ropes soon enough.  :)

[edit]
@Casper: Drat! You beat me by a few measly seconds. :D  
[/edit]
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

Everfresh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 10:33:41 pm »

Ok, I right clicked the file and the settings were already at CHMOD 755.

The manual said that you could rename the folder. So I changed it to gallery but when I try to view it, I get errors.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 10:57:51 pm »

What folder did you rename, and when did you do it?

Please give the error reports in detail, and what you were trying to do when they occured.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Everfresh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 11:08:45 pm »

When I unzipped the file, I renamed the main folder, the one that contains albums/docs/sql/brige/images... to gallery. When I try to view that directory, I get:

Warning: main(include/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 11:21:53 pm »

is the config.inc.php there in the includes on your server?

is the folders CMODed to 777 or 755?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2004, 11:24:18 pm »

Have you actually run install.php yet ?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 11:45:03 pm »

Please give a link.  As Nibbler said, did you actually browse to yoursite/gallery/install.php, which is the first thing you should do after uploading coppermine.  if not, no harm done, just do it now.

Everfresh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 12:34:48 am »

I just ran install and it's working now! Sorry, I was doing it wrong the whole time :oops:

The gallery is awesome. I just need to configure it and change the colors to a design of my own 8)

I've been reading this manual alllllll day. I hope it gets easier from here, lol.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 05:49:13 am »

Quote from: "Everfresh"
Ok, I right clicked the file and the settings were already at CHMOD 755.

The manual said that you could rename the folder. So I changed it to gallery but when I try to view it, I get errors.
Glad you were able to solve this; just for reference in case someone else has got similar problems: usually FTP programs don't check the permissions, therefor right-click + properties will not show the actual CHMOD settings on your server but the CHMOD settings you last applied with your ftp client or some default settings in your ftp client. It won't hurt to chmod a second time anyway.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.