Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: No Admin Menu Bar after Upgrade to 1.4.18 from 1.4.16  (Read 5114 times)

TECB

• Coppermine newbie

Hello everyone - I  know very little about this system, just trying to help a friend who installed CPG since it was offered (3rd party) by the web host company he uses. On 4/18 his site was hacked. The host company sanitized the site (mostly), but the option to upgrade to 1.4.18 was not available from the 3rd party affiliate (Fantastico).

So, I downloaded the upgrade and did as was instructed in the Documentation and Manual for the upgrade from 1.4.16 to 1.4.18.

Now, when I sign into the gallery, I get to a screen that says "Welcome Admin..." with a Continue button beneath it. Regardless of whether I click Continue or just wait 3 seconds, the site redirects back to the normal gallery page with no Admin Menu Bar.

The URL is: http://www.theeastcoastband.com/albums/

I've read in the documentation that there are two modes, user and admin. I understand in user mode, you don't see the admin menu bar, however there is no button on the menu bar  that allows me to toggle between user and admin mode.

Any help is appreciated here.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 09:36:30 am by Joachim Müller »

Halfhidden

Re: No Admin Menu Bar after Upgrade to 1.4.18 from 1.4.16
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:29:31 am »

Are you sure that the correct permissions are set on the directories on the server. I've just tried to log into your site and the reaction I got was a blank webpage with "done" at the bottom of the browser. I should have been redirected to the failed login page. This kind of reaction is expected when files or directories cannot be read or written to correctly.

You should have read that the Coppermine board don't support installations from Fantastico. Basically Fantastico introduced a bug to the core whilst adapting Coppermine for it's use and they weren't helpful at correcting the error. This cased support problems and a decision was made not to support Fantastico installs. As far as I know this is the case today.

It wasn't clear if you installed a fresh copy of Coppermine 1.4.18. If so I suggest at least looking at the CHMOD or run the versioncheck.php that will give you a good idea whether or not the directories and files are set to the correct CHMOD (permissions) and may well indicate if you have some files that haven't been updated.

TECB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:18:55 pm »

Thank you for your reply.

Since I got absolutely NO HELP from GoDaddy concerning this hack or the CPG upgrade, the sinking feeling of being SOL with this program settled in.   You've pretty much sealed it in your response.  OK, well live and learn.    :)

So, for the site owner to continue to use this system (and have it supported), it sounds like I just need to wipe out the Fantastico install and start from scratch. Is there anything I need to be aware of to accomplish this? Anyone have any WOW for this?

Again, I appreciate the help!

T

Halfhidden

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 04:27:20 pm »

Yes the important thing to remember is that if your gallery has been hacked then upgrading simply will not fix the hack. I rather think that your host company was refereeing to patching their server to prevent further breaches rather than fixing your gallery, when they referred to sanitising.
The only way forward for you is to sanitize the installation of Coppermine.
Follow Joachim Müller article Yikes, I've been hacked! Now what? http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.htm

You really should use the full installation files from from the official download site, that way you'll enjoy the excellent support that the Coppermine team has to offer. You can get the latest version from here http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658
Oh yes.... make sure that you have changed the passwords on your hosting account.... ftp account and shell access (if you use shell access) as a precaution. Also... I can't impress on you to hard that keeping your gallery up to date with the latest patches is imperative and will help prevent further hacks.

TECB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 08:05:56 pm »

Thank you very much for your response. After reviewing with the site owner everything involved in getting this up and running again, he's decided to use a different method to display his photo gallery. I've already deleted the files from the site and no futher support is needed.

Thanks again.

T
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.