Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: General Customization Question  (Read 2813 times)

GeekyGirl

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: General Customization Question
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:21:37 am »

Hello!

I  am new to Coppermine and I must say it is much easier to work with compared to other gallery programs so thanks for that!!!

I have been able to do most of my customization through the theme related files but have a few minor issues left to deal with such as viewing custom fields under the thumbnails and removing any references related to comments.  As I'm reading the forum, I'm seeing where to make those changes but they are files outside the theme which means losing the information with upgrades.  So I'm now wondering if that is the only way to make these changes or can they still be done within the theme files?

For example:
Looking at the theme.php file, I found the table for the Intermediate view and want to place my custom fields just below the {CAPTION} in the code.  Can this be done or do I have to change the main program files?

Again, just need a bit of clarification on this point.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 05:02:39 pm by Nibbler »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: General Customization Question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 08:15:18 am »

Looking at the theme.php file, I found the table for the Intermediate view and want to place my custom fields just below the {CAPTION} in the code.  Can this be done or do I have to change the main program files?
all your changes can be done in the theme.php, template.html, style.css files from your theme.
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

GeekyGirl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:43:09 pm »

all your changes can be done in the theme.php, template.html, style.css files from your theme.

That's GREAT news!  So how do I reference the custom image fields in the theme.php file?  Is it simply {User1}, {User2} etc.?

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 04:09:26 pm »

See http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,50046.0.html

You want to use ['user1'] instead of ['owner_name'].

GeekyGirl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 04:55:05 pm »

I discovered the display_fields plugin which actually may suit my needs better since it has everything in it I want to show.  I simply moved that box to be above the film strip and it works perfectly.  I couldn't have actually done this without your help and link - Thanks!!

This completely solved my issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.