Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: A little bit of trouble after attack  (Read 4577 times)

umad80

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: A little bit of trouble after attack
« on: April 13, 2008, 12:52:50 am »

After fighting with my host for almost a week in fixing this, I finally figured it out on my own. (I don't know if anyone else reported this, but I had index files throughout userpic albums!) Everything is working fine and properly. However, prior to this, my ingenious host thought a restore would solve the problem. Obviously it wouldn't because the files were still there and needed to be removed. But because of this restore, I'm missing files that were there after the day they restored back to. When I try to readd them to keep the views and such, no such luck. I figured this is because of the restore. The problem gets worse, when I try to delete the folders that have no pictures or the files that are stated to be there but not, I get a message like this:

Directory 'albums/out/jack the ripper/' is not writable, files can't be deleted

Now, I wanted to make sure this problem wasn't specific to just the files added after the restore date. Everything else is fine. I'm able to delete or edit other albums and files just fine.

I apologize up front if this has been discussed or if I'm not in the proper forum. I've looked for the specific 'not writable' string, but found nothing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:14:20 am by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

Re: A little bit of trouble after attack
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 12:58:02 am »

Easiest way is to create the folder mentioned in the message. Also, avoid using spaces in URLs.

umad80

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:12 am »

Not entirely sure what you mean. Because it does exist. If I go to albums and create it, it's already there. It's not in my FTP - it was completely gone. I can't get rid of the album, or the files under the album. To show you what I mean: http://www.rupert-grint.us/gallery/index.php?cat=37

I tried to see if uploading them and adding them would do anything and it wouldn't let me do that either.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:13:29 am »

How can you say 'Because it does exist' and 'It's not in my FTP' in the same post ?

Create the folder albums/out/jack the ripper/

umad80

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:20:30 am »

Because that is exactly what it did. I could see it in the gallery, but when I went to upload the files to try and restore them, the album did not exist in the ftp. I don't know why, but I can assure you that I had to recreate the album.

Look, when I click on 'albums', and then put in the category 'out and about' from the drop down menu, the 'jack the ripper' one exists still. When I try to delete it, it won't let me. It won't let me do anything to those files.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 01:28:34 am »

Stop talking about albums. Login to your FTP, go to albums/out and create the folder 'jack the ripper'. Now you can delete the files from within Coppermine.

umad80

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 01:36:57 am »

You know, you do not have to be such an ass. You NEVER said anything about doing this in the FTP program. I told you specifically I did not know what you meant. You then made a snippy remarked about how I couldn't have it on my website and not in my FTP. I was clearly not understanding what you were meaning. Especially considering you wondered how I could have it on my website, but not my FPT, making me believe that that is what I was suppose to be doing. All you had to do was TELL me to create the album in my FTP. I thank you for the help, but next time, be more specific. I've used Coppermine for 4 years now, and this is the first problem and the only time I've asked for help. If you had been specific, this would've been resolved quicker than in the time it took you to write three posts to me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 04:14:00 am »

You know, you do not have to be such an ass.
Not having a clue, not having read the docs, swearing, being ungratefull for free help. Result: ban. Farewell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.