Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.17 Help please  (Read 6696 times)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
[Solved]: Upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.17 Help please
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:14:46 pm »

Hi I've read the upgrade docs, and for some reason I just can't get my head around them.  They make no sense to me.   It says,

"Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directory."  Ok I understand this bit.

Then it says,

"Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory."

So do I have to upload the "include/config.inc.php file" and the "anycontent.php file" ?  If so how do I stop it overwriting these?  Or like the "albums" directory", do I just not upload these two files?

Also I'm using the classic theme but I've changed the colours in the css file, will I just have to re-upload my version?

Lastly, do I have to turn off any mods before upgrading? and will they still work afterwards?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but this stuff scares me to death. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 12:09:59 am by Nibbler »
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Nibbler

Re: Upgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.17 Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:31:48 pm »

Don't upload anycontent.php if you modified the one on the server. If you didn't modify the one on the server then it's ok to overwrite it. include/config.inc.php is not in the package anyway so not a problem.

If you did as suggested and renamed your theme to something else then themes won't be a problem. If you modified the classic theme then you need to re-apply your changes.

Any mods need to be reapplied. Plugins however should work fine - that is the preferred way to mod your gallery.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 10:47:08 pm »

Thanks for the help.

Don't think I've modified the anycontent.php.

What will happen to my bridge if I upload the bridge folder?   I have Coppermine bridged with SMF 1.1.4

And what about the plugins folder, does this have to be uploaded, as I have plugins installed that are not in the new folder.

Like I said, sorry for the dumb questions, but I really don't want to mess this up. ;)
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 10:56:25 pm »

You'll be fine - the bridge file doesn't get changed when bridging is enabled - the bridging data are all stored in the database. So you should do as suggested and upload all files from the package except the ones mentioned explicitely.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:01:56 pm »

Thank you, I'll let you know how it goes.  ;)

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 11:55:03 pm »

OK all went well, except, I have an issue with the star ratings, any ideas.  (screengrab attached)

You can view my gallery here http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 11:55:42 pm »

Re-upload the star images - they are probably corrupted.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 12:06:10 am »

Thanks, that fixed it.  Don't know why they got corrupted, but anyway it's working now. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.