Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Web Host Moved Server, CPM Fetch won't "fetch"  (Read 9354 times)

klewless

• Coppermine frequent poster
[Solved]: Web Host Moved Server, CPM Fetch won't "fetch"
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:23:42 am »

Hello everyone,

Please point me in the right direction to solve my problem, if you can.

The web host company we use moved physically to a different state. When they completed the move, neither CPM Fetch nor Coppermine would not work. The webhost changed the server address for me as they recommend to not use a URL for this but the actual ip address )We have our gallery bridged to a SMF board).

I'm thinking CPM Fetch can't find the pictures for the same reason and I want to try to fix it myself. .What I see in the window where CPM normally displays photos is some MySql code. If I am correct where do I look (what file) to fix the address?

If that doesn't strike you as the reason what do you think it could possibly be?

We updated coppermine in January so we have the curent version installed.

Thanks,
K.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:49:39 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Wen Host Moved Server, CPM Fetch won't "fetch"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:17:54 am »

The webhost told you to use IP addresses instead of domain names? What kind of webhost would recommend that? Coppermine gallery and your non-coppermine-driven cpmFetch-powered pages need to reside on the same server, so you can use relative or absolute paths - domain names or IP addresses are not involved. If you want help, post real life examples and the code you used. We can not come up with generic recommendations.

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:12:20 pm »

The webhost told you to use IP addresses instead of domain names? What kind of webhost would recommend that? Coppermine gallery and your non-coppermine-driven cpmFetch-powered pages need to reside on the same server, so you can use relative or absolute paths - domain names or IP addresses are not involved. If you want help, post real life examples and the code you used. We can not come up with generic recommendations.

The only other thing that came to mind for me is if the MySQL server is on a different machine, and moved.  domain names/IP addresses can come in to play for the server destination (This is the case with my webhost, 1and1, although most installations probably have this set to 'localhost').

It's hard to speculate though without having more info from the OP, e.g. what the actual problem/error is (rather then "it doesn't work"...)

-Tim

klewless

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:18:13 pm »

The code I am using is:
Code: [Select]
include_once "../cpg1410/cpmfetch/cpmfetch.php";

$objCpm = new cpm("../cpg1410/cpmfetch/cpmfetch_config.php");

$objCpm->cpm_viewLastAddedMedia(12,1);

Thanks in advance,
Klew

klewless

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:19:56 pm »

This is what I get on the screen:

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked image with attchment [/Edit]

??? ??? ???

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:13:23 am by Joachim Müller »

tfischer

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Fischersplace Photo Gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:57:08 pm »

Unless I"m misunderstanding, your original post states that BOTH coppermine gallery itself and CPMFetch aren't working?  If that's the case, I'd concentrate on getting CPG working before even thinking about CPMFetch.

-Tim

klewless

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:44:34 pm »

Hi again,

No, Cpoppermine works now. The webhost fixed that (perhaps I didn't understand them but it had something to do with an address).

K

klewless

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:46:49 pm »

Would someone please fix the typo in the subject of my message, it should read Web not Wen (you might have mistaken that for When).

K.

klewless

Re: [Solved]: Web Host Moved Server, CPM Fetch won't "fetch"
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 09:03:59 pm »

Actually, no one here helped me, so I dont know why this message was marked SOLVED. ; - (

I had to hire someone to do it. So I guess it is solved now, though this thread will not be of much help to anyone. The moral of the story is money talks .

Have a nice day, y'all.

Klew.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 03:05:24 am »

The thread was marked as solved because you posted
No, Cpoppermine works now. The webhost fixed that (perhaps I didn't understand them but it had something to do with an address).
In fact it doesn't matter how a thread was solved: no matter if the thread starter was able to solve this on his own or with the help of a third party or if the thread was solved with the help of a supporter here on this board, the thread gets marked as solved anyway. This happens for two reasons:
  • other supporters don't have to look into threads marked as "solved" - supporters need to read less posts
  • Other users searching for an answer to their question are adviced to prefer postings marked as solved. They usually benefit from the answers given in threads marked as solved. They can not benefit from this thread though, as you failed to post what you actually did to solve your issues
The moral of the story is twofold: you're a jerk because you expect help to be free and fail to post what you did to solve your issues. There have been replies to your thread - people tried to help you. Your posting shows that you're a very ungratefull person and haven't understood open source and free support.
As a result, I will ignore all your requests for help in the future - I will most definitely not support people like you, who show an attitude that makes me throw up. Of course, others may not feel the same way and may help you, but to me your attitude is sick.

klewless

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 06:29:25 pm »

.... They can not benefit from this thread though, as you failed to post what you actually did to solve your issues[/li][/list]The moral of the story is twofold: you're a jerk because you expect help to be free and fail to post what you did to solve your issues. There have been replies to your thread - people tried to help you. Your posting shows that you're a very ungratefull person and haven't understood open source and free support.

As a result, I will ignore all your requests for help in the future - I will most definitely not support people like you, who show an attitude that makes me throw up. Of course, others may not feel the same way and may help you, but to me your attitude is sick.

Dearest Joachim,

1) I did post what I did to solve my issue. I called the web host to see if they know why the gallery was not working. I did not understand the answer. They are swamped with requests from their subscribers since they just moved and I was not getting anywhere with them. I posted the information requested of me (the error messages)
    2) You misinterpreted the words "coppermine works now". The previous poster asked if the gallery does not work or CPM Fetch works. I was trying to tell that person the gallery works now but CPM Fetch still does not work.
    3) I asked for nothing more than some idea about where to start looking ("please point me in the right direction") , what might be the problem, since I can search and I found threads that solved a couple of other problems besides this one).
    4) I was not rude to anyone

We are so blessed to have you around, Joachim. We revere your towering genius , respect your hard work,  rely on your kindness understanding and gentle humor in the face of any crisis, and kind of like Coppermine, too. Just wish you would show more of the good in your personality when you respond to messages.

Klew
    Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.