Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload problem  (Read 1888 times)

tedymc

• Coppermine newbie
Upload problem
« on: April 06, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »

Hi,

Before saying anything, I read a lot of similar posts but people don't usually post how they overcome the problem: they just say "ah, now I got it!".
I am also new to php world. So, answers like "check the php.ini" don't work for me. I need detailed information in case I need to configure something else
that is not coppermine.

I am having problems to upload an image. I followed the instructions given in the troubleshoot section, also my include and albums folder are set to 777.
The message I got is:

------------

The file 'albums/userpics/20.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 1

Cmd line :
/usr/bin/convert -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 100x75

The convert program said:
convert: option requires an argument `-geometry'.

---------------

I noticed that that there are no file name listed in the command and also the single quotes in the second message are different from one another.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

steveeh131047

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Upload problem
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:01:36 pm »

I'm not an expert on Coppermine upload problems, but you might try using a different image conversion utility than ImageMagick and seeing if you still get a problem:-

Log in as Admin, go to Config > Files and thumbnails advanced settings > Method for resizing images and select "GD version 2.x" from the drop-down menu. Remember to save the new configuration, then try your Upload again. I undesrtand there is little quality difference between using ImageMagick or GD2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.