Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error at initial log in  (Read 5573 times)

cat4talk

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal Error at initial log in
« on: March 06, 2008, 04:41:27 am »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ob_clean() in /home/webadmin/xqnet.net/html/cpg/include/init.inc.php on line 153

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fatal Error at initial log in
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 06:49:40 am »

What PHP version do you have?

cat4talk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:40 pm »

cpg1.4.8

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:50:17 pm »

Your PHP version does not meet the minimum requirements to run Coppermine. Talk to your webhost.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 11:36:52 pm »

cpg1.4.8
Haven't asked for your coppermine version, but your PHP version. Do as Nibbler suggested. After your webhost has updated the PHP version on your server, review the idea to install a totally outdated version of coppermine. Most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.16 - trying to install cpg1.4.8 is silly. However, even installing the most recent coppermine version will not fix the issue of your PHP version being outdated. As suggested: make your webhost update your PHP version.

cat4talk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 07:03:45 pm »

I completely misunderstood the first question about which version of PHP. I did have an older verion of CP, but I downloaded the new one. The version PHP I have is 2.5.2. My hosting company will not upgrade without me agreeing to pay $75/HR. I am now wondering what other applications will not work because of this. I was trying to build an online community for my network.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:26:00 pm »

PHP version 2.5.2 - I have never heard of that ???.
I'm pretty sure that this is not true: webhosts who are reluctant to upgrade their servers should at least be running PHP v 4.something - running a version any older than that is just a joke. You need at least PHP v 4.2.x to run Coppermine - this has hardly changed since the initial Coppermine version (where the minimum requirement used to be PHP v 4.1.x), so you can't possibly ever have run an older version of PHP than that if you used Coppermine before. To find out what version of PHP you really have, do as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#VersionPHP
My hosting company will not upgrade without me agreeing to pay $75/HR.
If they actually run anything older than 4.2.x (which is ancient), they are silly and ignorant and have no idea how to run a webserver, so you should actually cancel your contract there and immediately find a better webhost.
To find out more about PHP versions, go to http://www.php.net/downloads.php (note: you can't install PHP by yourself - only your webhost can. That page is meant to show you how ancient your version is, although I'm pretty sure that you don't have PHP v 2.something).

cat4talk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 08:32:47 pm »

Im sorry - I have a correction on what I posted earlier - the phpmyadmin is version 2.5.2 BUT my php is 4.1.2 So that brings us back to the fact that I am still getting an error message at the intial login. Now what?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 08:59:05 pm »

As I told you above: you need at least PHP v 4.2.0 to run Coppermine - that's part of the minimum requirements. PHP 4.1.x is less than 4.2.x and therefor falls into the category "not fullfilling the minimum requirements". I get the feeling that you haven't thoroughly read what I posted above: if your webhost is running such an ancient version, they just suck and are ignorant who don't know their way around - you should immediately look for another webhost. You're welcome to show them this thread - I will gladly tell them why it's dumb and unjustifiable to run such an ancient version on their webservers.
You can't run coppermine on a webserver that runs an older version of PHP than what we have described in our docs - hence the error message you get.

cat4talk

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 09:08:58 pm »

I did understand you, I just wanted to make sure you had all the correct info from me first..I will try contacting them again. Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.