Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPTC data in the image title and description  (Read 2574 times)

vojtec

• Coppermine newbie
IPTC data in the image title and description
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:14:32 am »

Hello,

when I import an image with IPTC data, I'm able only to show them down under the picture in the info box, but I'd like to show IPCT title in image title and same with description.

Is it possible?
Thanks for help
vojtec

mala

• Coppermine novice
Re: IPTC data in the image title and description
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 11:25:25 am »

I  had a similar problem. The title of my images was labelled "Headline" when I loocked at the IPTC data with some program (in this case irfanview).
Then I modified a little the file include/picmgmt.inc.php . Here are the two lines. The commented one (starting with //) is the original the other is the modif.
Code: [Select]
          //    $title = (isset($iptc['Title'])) ? $iptc['Title'] : $title;  //ORIGINAL LINE AM09_02_2008
               $title = (isset($iptc['Headline'])) ? $iptc['Headline'] : $title;        //AM09_02_2008 TO PATCH UP ITPC 

The full IPTC array  is in iptc.inc.php to find out what is what.

After this modification the "Headline" IPTC field went directly in the title of the image (I will eventually upload 7000 images so the modification was important for me).

Maybe this will help you to settle your problem, although I am not sure the solution is very kosher.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:34:39 pm by Joachim Müller »
Andreas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 15 queries.