Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user's 'upload file' option not showing up anymore  (Read 2925 times)

LynnAnne

• Coppermine newbie
user's 'upload file' option not showing up anymore
« on: January 28, 2008, 02:56:33 am »

I have one user who started a usergallery and has uploaded images in the past both to his album and also other public albums, but suddenly when he logs in there's no option across the top for 'upload file'.  I don't think we've changed anything since he last uploaded a couple of weeks ago, have logged in as admin but don't see where I can do anything to give him the option back. Ideas of what might have happened? I haven't found any threads here so far that seem to deal with this.

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: user's 'upload file' option not showing up anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:37:01 am »

Read up the docs, especially the sections "upload troubleshooting" and "asking for support on upload issues". In your particular case: attach a screenshot of the groups control panel to your posting (where you should do as suggested in the docs sections mentioned above).

LynnAnne

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:00:44 pm »

i don't see instructions on how to do a screen shot, and copy/paste is not giving the right information. Please let me know how to do a screen shot, I know it's just a couple of buttons to press but not sure which ones.

*Even though the user shows that he's logged in above, it treats him like a 'guest' - not only can he not upload, I noticed today he also doesn't have the ability to leave comments on posts either.*

LynnAnne

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:10:49 pm »

ohhhkay...well, here's another piece of it.

Coppermine is linked to Simple Machines Forum, so one login.

I had changed him in the forum to a newly created usergroup. I can't find ANYTHING saying that the forum usergroup should affect his COPPERMINE status. When I click on 'groups' in Coppermine, the new 'group' doesn't show up - only administrators, registered, guests, banned. But when I just took him out of that group for kicks, he suddenly had the ability to upload again.

Why would forums status affect coppermine in that way?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:25:40 pm »

If you want the groups from SMF to show up in Coppermine then you need to enable 'post based groups' in the bridge manager. To make screenshots use the printscreen button and 'attach' the image to your post here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 09:56:49 am »

If you don't know how to create a screenshot, then why don't you at least do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs and post a link to your gallery and a non-admin test user account?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.