Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change Batch Link  (Read 3888 times)

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
Change Batch Link
« on: January 18, 2008, 09:27:57 pm »

Hi guys...I have a problem with my gallery.

Last year I forgot to make a folder to put all of my pics and not when I have to upload new pics I get the 500 Internal Error or whatever it is.

Is there a way to change the link where to start batching? I mean...When I batch my gallery batch from here /web/htdocs/www.breatheonbritney.it/home/gallery/albums/

Is there a way to change it and put /web/htdocs/www.breatheonbritney.it/home/gallery/albums/2008/

In this way I couldn't get anymore the error and everything could be fine...

I hope to receive an help...Thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Change Batch Link
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 12:43:55 pm »

First of all, your gallery (located at http://www.breatheonbritney.it/gallery/) is outdated - you're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable currently is cpg1.4.14, so you should upgrade first.

To specify a particular folder where coppermine should start looking for pics, you'll have to modify the core code of searchnew.php
You can however manually specify in which folder to look for pics, skipping the first page of the batch-add screen. If you want to start in the folder "2008", subfolder "foobar", manually enter http://www.breatheonbritney.it/gallery/searchnew.php?startdir=2008/foobar into the address bar of your browser.
However, instead of circumventing issues with a "500 internal server error", why don't you fix the reason for it instead?

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:33:43 am »

And how can I fix that error? I can't delete any file...So I guess that starting to upload from 2008 folder is the only way to not have problems...

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 01:37:19 am »

Also how can I upgrade?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:57 am »

Also how can I upgrade?
As suggested in the docs that come with coppermine. There is an entire section dedicated to updating. When signing up for this forum, you agreed to read the docs before posting.

I get the 500 Internal Error or whatever it is.
Review your server's logs to find out what is causing the internal server error. You probably don't have access to it, so ask your webhost for it.

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 10:55:20 am »

I have access to it. I mean I can enter and check the MySql things...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 04:41:04 pm »

What log are you talking about?

Tano*87

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 09:23:26 pm »

OIK here is the thing and it is so simpre.

Inside the folder Album I have all the pics of 2007. Inside of it (the album folder) I've created a 2008 folder, so that I can add the 2008 pics.
If I want to batch the batch starts from the folder Album and I get the Internal Error, because of the folders which contains pics in HQ and they are a lot (From Jenuary to Dicember 2007).

So to make it work everytime I have to move all the folder inside a folder and then move the folder (containing all the pics from 2007) to the folder before of the Album folder.

There a way to batch from the folder Album/2008 and not from the folder Album?

It is just easy. I get the internal error because the Album folder have too many folder containing lots of pics of about 1MB and they are 15-30 per folder from Jenuary to December, not because of some error of the host!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:52:12 am »

You can move the folders and files using your FTP app - that's the easy part. The tricky bit is to change the database entries accordingly. They reside in coppermine's pictures table. So you could do that manually (using phpMyAdmin or similar).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.