Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot edit category  (Read 4991 times)

Bob42

• Coppermine newbie
cannot edit category
« on: December 15, 2007, 06:20:35 pm »

I'm trying to edit one of my categories, but whenever I click on the edit icon, I am brought to a blank white page.  The strange thing is that this doesn't happen with any of the other categories.  Only this one here.  I've uploaded a bunch of pictures into this category already, so I don't want to have to delete it unless I truly have to.  All I want to do is add in a description into the category.  What can I do to get rid of that blank white page and be able to edit the category?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cannot edit category
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:50:44 pm »

Post a link to your gallery for a start.

Bob42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 01:12:22 am »

Here: http://gallery.pokenightmare.com
It's the Orange League category that I'm having problems with.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:55:59 am »

Make sure that you have no whitespace in your files. In fact, you should perform an upgrade (even though're on the most recent stable version cpg1.4.14), overwriting all files on your server as suggested in the documentation. Make sure to use the proper FTP mode and that your FTP is set up to overwrite existing files.

Bob42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 02:24:30 pm »

I performed a complete upgrade by overwriting the files.  versioncheck.php states that everything is okay, aside from the few folders that were left writable.  Still, I get the same thing.  When I click on the edit icon for one of the categories, a blank white page shows.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 03:42:17 pm »

Send me a PM that contains a link to this thread and an admin account for you site please.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 08:01:42 am »

Hm, that's indeed strange. I had a look with the admin account you PMed me, and I can replicate your issue: there are some categories that trigger a blank screen, while others display as expected in the category manager. This is theme-independant. Could you take a dump of the categories table using phpMyAdmin and paste that into your next posting?

Bob42

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:38:50 pm »

Yes, here you go:

Code: [Select]
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.10.0.2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Dec 20, 2007 at 05:53 AM
-- Server version: 4.1.22
-- PHP Version: 4.4.4

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

--
-- Database: `pokethi1_gallery`
--

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `cpg1411_categories`
--

CREATE TABLE `cpg1411_categories` (
  `cid` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `owner_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `description` text NOT NULL,
  `pos` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `parent` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `thumb` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`cid`),
  KEY `cat_parent` (`parent`),
  KEY `cat_pos` (`pos`),
  KEY `cat_owner_id` (`owner_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='Used to store categories' AUTO_INCREMENT=16 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `cpg1411_categories`
--

INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (1, 0, 'User galleries', 'This category contains albums that belong to Coppermine users.', 2, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (2, 0, 'Indigo League', 'Episode pictures for Indigo League episodes.', 0, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (3, 0, 'Orange League', '', 1, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (4, 0, 'Johto Journeys', 'Episode pictures for Johto Journeys episodes.', 3, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (5, 0, 'Johto League Champions', 'Episode pictures for Johto League Champions episodes.', 4, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (6, 0, 'Master Quest', 'Episode pictures for Master Quest episodes.', 5, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (7, 0, 'Advanced', 'Episode pictures for Pokemon Advanced episodes.', 6, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (8, 0, 'Advanced Challenge', 'Episode pictures for Advanced Challenge episodes.', 7, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (9, 0, 'Advanced Battle', 'Episode pictures for Advanced Battle episodes.', 8, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (10, 0, 'Battle Frontier', 'Episode pictures for Battle Frontier episodes.', 9, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (11, 0, 'Sinnoh', 'Episode pictures for Sinnoh episodes.', 10, 0, 0);
INSERT INTO `cpg1411_categories` VALUES (12, 0, 'Chronicles', 'Episode pictures for Pokemon Chronicles episodes.', 11, 0, 0);

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:47 pm »

Probably caused by the category thumb selection box. There are a lot of files in albums within that category. Look for

form_alb_thumb();
in catmgr.php and comment it out:

//form_alb_thumb();
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 15 queries.